Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2008 2:21:46 PM EDT
I recall reading that somewhere online are better instructions for installing an AR Jewell trigger.  Anyone know where these are?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I had so many problems breaking them during matches, that my installation instructions are pull them out and put them on Ebay or EE and buy a Geiselle.

I know thats not what you wanted to hear. But, honesty like mirrors hurt sometimes.

The mirror thing hurts my ego every damn day.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Okay, awesome.  Now anyone with a serious answer?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Okay, awesome.  Now anyone with a serious answer?

I'm being serious. Sorry.

After breaking 3 different Jewel triggers in 3 years during the 90's competing in High Power competion, I got rid of of my Jewel triggers then I bought Milazo-Krieger triggers. I have since upgraded my 3 match rifles to Geiselle.

If you can't accept the truth. Sorry. I don't recommend Jewell triggers. I actually have a hard spot with them.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow.  Just stop posting, honestly.  I had a Geiselle, I didn't like it.  I'm trying to get some assistance here and you're flaming.

I am looking for genuine help here.  I understand you are not a fan of them.  Great.  Let me get my help for my inferior product, and go post it somewhere else.

Now, can anyone point me to a proper writeup or show me some pics of the install process?

Thanks a lot guys.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#5]
chill out he is just saying he had bad luck
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:06:43 PM EDT
[#6]
The supplied instruction SUCK.

Buy this book for the best installation instructions:

Book linky here

Warning:
If a Jewell trigger is not INSTALLED PERFECTLY  the disconnector will not work properly and will double shots.

Adjustments are also a pain in the a$$.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oh yeah they do.
The difference between installing a Geiselle and a Jewell is night and day.

I'm not flaming either. I just put a Jewell back in one of my rifles the other day.
I don't want to drop the coin for a Geiselle, but I hated putting that thing back in.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:14:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I sent you an e-mail about instructions.  If I scan the jewell instructions to e-mail they turn out huge. I can make a normal sized copy and mail them by post office, need your address.   Ron
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:16:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah they do.

I'm not flaming either. I just put a Jewell back in one of my rifles the other day.
I don't want to drop the coin for a Geiselle, but I hated putting that thing back in.

Can you help me out then?  I can't understand how the trigger return spring is supposed to go in here.. plus I may have more questions after that ;)
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I sent you an e-mail about instructions.  Ron

Thanks Ronbo- can you PM me with what address you used?  It's not showing up.

EDIT- just realized that is a very old nonfunctioning address- can you either PM them to me, or, alternately, PM me and I'll send you a more current one?

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah they do.

Can you help me out then?  I can't understand how the trigger return spring is supposed to go in here.. plus I may have more questions after that ;)

Unfortunately, the book is your best bet. I had the buy the book for the damn thing. When Bill (Geisselle) first made his trigger one of his biggest motivations was his dislike (putting it mildly) of this trigger.  Bill is an Avid High Power shooter.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah they do.

Place the trigger in the lower.
Put the spring in on the left side of the trigger so it catches the pin on the forward part of the trigger assembly.
Place the spring plate between the trigger spring and the receiver wall, being sure to align the hole with the trigger pin hole. An appropriately sized punch is good for this.
Start the trigger pin from the left so that the grooves end up on the right side of the receiver.
Make sure the pin catches the return spring and plate.
Drive the pin in so that it almost contacts the right receiver wall and then put the retaining spring around it and finish driving the pin through.

A Geiselle is:
Place trigger assembly
Drive pin
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Ok- now as far as the hammer goes- am I supposed to set it in such that the roller is rotated *beneath* it?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ok- now as far as the hammer goes- am I supposed to set it in such that the roller is rotated *beneath* it?

Yeah, you want the spring along the back of the hammer (the part facing the trigger) and the roller in the front corner of the lower.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:51:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Cool.  Almost there.  Is it normal though in that case to have this "scraping" when I try to push the hammer back to catch on the sear?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Cool.  Almost there.  Is it normal though in that case to have this "scraping" when I try to push the hammer back to catch on the sear?

It must be. I can't make mine quit doing it.
It won't scrape as long as the trigger is pulled, but it's just another ghetto feature that makes me like the Geiselle more.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Hi-

I hope this isn't 1) too late or 2) redundant, but I thought I'd post anyway just in case.

I too am having trouble keeping my Jewell in tune.  Reliability has caused me two missed opportunities while hunting/calling coyotes.  Very frustrating.

My trigger was installed professionally by John Noveske, of Noveske Rifleworks, in 2005.  I talked to him this morning and he said they stopped selling/installing them two years ago after he was experiencing the same issues.

I am looking into a replacement as of now.

Meanwhile, here are the instructions for the Jewell.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/phi376/JewellTrigger-AR-15-adjustmentinstr.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/phi376/Jewellinstructions6-1.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/phi376/Jewellinstructions2.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/phi376/Jewellinstructions3.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/phi376/Jewellinstructions4.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/phi376/Jewellinstructions5.jpg
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top