Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2008 10:40:14 AM EDT
Please everyone humor me and ignore my ignorance.

I have built or bought 20+ AR's over the years. Every one of them using HBAR's. The heavier the better.

I just traded an 11.5" hbar for a 14.5" lightweight barrel on the EE.

Had I known it was a lightweight I probably would have not traded, as the pics I was sent still had handguards installed and I never thought to ask.

I will never buy another heavy barrel again and a few of mine will be shipped shortly to ADCO for a weight loss program.

If I had known it would make this much difference I would not have sold my Surefire 900. Between it and a hbar it's a handful.

If anyone is unsure, just try it. Personally with ammunition rising as it has, spray and pray no longer exists. I don't have anything with a happy switch, so someone correct me if i'm wrong, I don't think it makes that much difference anyway.

Thank you for humoring me.

Terry
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless it's a match/service rifle or a varmint rifle, a heavy barrel is unnecessary for most applications. Lightweight or gov't profile is the way to go, IMO. My first AR was a Bushmaster HBAR 20". Nice rifle, but front heavy. My gov't profile 20"s balance WAY better than HBARs.

-Dan
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top