Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2008 1:00:25 AM EDT
I did a search here and came up with the few negative things about Gunsmoke I could, and now I have the ask the question:

Assholes that they were aside, how is the quality of their lowers?  I am having a hell of a time finding lowers right now that aren't back ordered for an eternity, and a local dealer has four GSE built lowers in stock.  Is the quality up to par?  Has anyone had any actual bad experiences with them quality wise?  Sorry for my first post to be a total newb post, but I am an LEO that finally took the plunge to build my first AR, and the recent elections only increased my haste.

Oh, yeah, and I live in Commiefornia
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:35:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, they screwed me when they first started up years and years ago so I dont have anything good to say about them and I would in no way recommend them. They dont make their own lower receivers, and I do not know who they buy them from as stripped lowers. Back then my gripe was they advertised complete Bushmaster uppers and when I got mine it was not a Bushmaster but made out of the cheapest cheapest gunshow parts you could find...They are known for bottom feeding on the parts end of it. If the lowers are priced cheap enough, I suppose you could swap out the internals(once they become available again) with a known quantity and be ok.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well, they screwed me when they first started up years and years ago so I dont have anything good to say about them and I would in no way recommend them. They dont make their own lower receivers, and I do not know who they buy them from as stripped lowers. Back then my gripe was they advertised complete Bushmaster uppers and when I got mine it was not a Bushmaster but made out of the cheapest cheapest gunshow parts you could find...They are known for bottom feeding on the parts end of it. If the lowers are priced cheap enough, I suppose you could swap out the internals(once they become available again) with a known quantity and be ok.

Hrmm, so one negative so far, anyone else?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:00:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I was shopping for lowers a week ago and found a shop that had gunsmoke lowers in stock for 119 a piece, stripped. The other local shops had nothing in stock but did offer waiting list for other receivers, at anywhere from 150 - 225 a piece. stripped, I had never heard of them but did a little research on them and found that they are made by same manfacturer as mega and pof. I bought two as they looked excellent in terms of quality. I understand that there cust. svce is not that great but I'm just buying the stripped lowers and will be be building the rest from other manufacturers myself so I could give a rats ass about thier cust. svce. Anyways check this out....  see next post
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:04:09 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.ari5.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=318113                              
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top