Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2008 6:13:43 PM EDT
I just registered to this site last night after finding my first AR15 at a gun show in Fort Smith Arkansas. Figured I better buy one now before Obama bans em. I really went looking for a Springfield XD .40 but the prices sucked, so I went with this gun instead.

http://www.texasstreetcars.com/images/smiles/kekekekekeke.gif

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff114/turbo638/IMG_1354.jpg
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff114/turbo638/IMG_1355.jpg
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff114/turbo638/IMG_1356.jpg
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff114/turbo638/IMG_1358.jpg

This is my Christmas present this year. I have 5 30 round mags on the way from DPMS. I am trying to decide on what bulk ammo to buy, but I am going to buy enough to hold off a complete shitload of zombies/Democrats from invading my house.

Site looks great, I was up until 3 am last night reading up about these guns. Looks like fun.

Will
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#2]
did it come with the utg rail covers, just curious.

and how much?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
It can't be too evil, there's neither a flash hider nor a bayonet lug!

JUST KIDDING!
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Welcome to the site.

+1

Nice Rig! Welcome!
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow this board moves fast.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yeah the covers came with the gun. I bought it new from a dealer for $895 plus tax...so it was around 965 or so total.

And yeah, it's not too evil, it's just a water gun
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the site!  Congrats on the rifle.  You can read up on ammo in the ammunition forum.  Everything is a bit tough to get right now, but it should cool off after Christmas.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Figured I better buy one now before Obama bans em.

Not to burst your bubble but that's a "postban" configuration, and was legal during the old ban (except for the magazine).

Advise to get the barrel threaded and/or change to a telescoping stock ASAP.  And stock up on mags.

Congrats on the new rifle and welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL I too just recently purchased an AR before Obama goes crazy with the laws.  

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/ShaqDaddy/Other%20Collection/Pictures011.jpg

if you dont mind me asking.. What is the going price for the XD40's now?

I bought mine about 3 yrs ago and love it.  Great pistol and very reliable!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/ShaqDaddy/Other%20Collection/100_0993.jpg

Matt

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Kevin. So far I just have the 50 rounds of WalMart ammo in the picture. I hope you are right about it cooling down after Christmas!

Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to burst your bubble but that's a "postban" configuration, and was legal during the old ban (except for the magazine).

Advise to get the barrel threaded and/or change to a telescoping stock ASAP.  And stock up on mags.

Thanks man. I realize the gun itself is postban and that the Klintons were not fans of the 30 round mag, but from what I can tell Obammy is going to be a lot worse than they were on gun laws. I hope I am wrong.

Where can I find the info on getting the barrel threaded? I guess that would be for the flash suppressor right? I am not too worried about using a suppressor, but I guess if we get another ban the gun would be worth substantially more with this modification...

Thanks for the advice
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Matt, nice guns! My brother has one just like yours and I love it.

The XDs I saw were even more expensive than the ones for sale on gunbroker.com. I think they were all around $550 . New guns, I didn't see any used XDs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#11]
looks nice i just bought me an eagle arms myself this saturday.  Doesnt seem that many people have the full rifle but there are alot of eagle lowers floating around.  The more i read the more i find out they are almost the same as armalite except the barrels and warranty.  Actually I called armalite today and they told me that eagle is thier parts division that makes all the armalite parts and that occationally that divison will put together an entire rifle and rebadge it as "eagle arms div of armalite".  They assured me all the internals and entire lower are identical with the same quality control so enjoy your rifle i know im gonna enjoy mine. Btw...welcome to the site
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

btw what determines pre andpost ban.  How do u know (other than age) what the difference would be.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
looks nice i just bought me an eagle arms myself this saturday.  Doesnt seem that many people have the full rifle but there are alot of eagle lowers floating around.  The more i read the more i find out they are almost the same as armalite except the barrels and warranty.  Actually I called armalite today and they told me that eagle is thier parts division that makes all the armalite parts and that occationally that divison will put together an entire rifle and rebadge it as "eagle arms div of armalite".  They assured me all the internals and entire lower are identical with the same quality control so enjoy your rifle i know im gonna enjoy mine. Btw...welcome to the site

Yeah, that's exactly what mine says "Eagle Arms Division of ArmaLite". I talked to the owner and he said he has an ArmaLite and he likes it better than his Colt. I figured I couldn't go wrong with this gun. Thanks for the welcome.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#14]
well let me know how it works out for ya.  I like the look of yours btw.  Mine is the target model wiht the heavy bull barrel.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd probably keep the stock the same and just switch out to Magpul XTM rail panel covers(with ladders on top).  

ArmaLite makes an excellent rifle, and you got a decent 'pre-election' price, so no worries.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#16]

nice looking rig!

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:22:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

JUST KIDDING!

Send it off to ADCO...they'll make it evil for you.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

JUST KIDDING!

+1

Sent my postban Bushy A2 off to ADCO last winter (after wringing my hands over it for several years) to have it threaded and an A2 birdcage put on. SO happy I did! It just didn't look right without a hider on there. Still bugs me that I don't have an evil bayo lug on mine. May take the FSP off my new Bushy M4A3 and put it on my A2. At any rate... get 'er done sooner rather than later!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

JUST KIDDING!

+1

Sent my postban Bushy A2 off to ADCO last winter (after wringing my hands over it for several years) to have it threaded and an A2 birdcage put on. SO happy I did! It just didn't look right without a hider on there. Still bugs me that I don't have an evil bayo lug on mine. May take the FSP off my new Bushy M4A3 and put it on my A2. At any rate... get 'er done sooner rather than later!

ADCO took my Colt HBAR upper, added a lugged FSB and A2 hider, and gov't profiled the barrel. Could not have been more happy.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Nice buy. You aren't in Austin are ya? Anyway, welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Very nice. I have Eagle Arms lowers on 2 of my rifles. I like the logo
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:13:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Once I get my Build finished I need too post pics but itsa deer season.

I bought a Glock 22 to sight near my XD40.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top