Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2008 6:12:15 PM EDT
Hope you guys can help me.  Was going to go with a 9mm flattop upper for my next build but I see Sun Devil makes an upper with out the forward assist or shell deflector.  I was wondering if someone can post a pic of one on a standard lower, showing the right side (ejection port side).  I'm going for a specific look and maybe the Sun Devil is what I want.  Thanks.

GL.
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#1]
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o186/Doomsday2425/Sun_Devil_SS_ULTRA_mag_lock_instruc.jpg

Its a small pic but its all i have.  I like the clean look of it myself.  Hell id buy it for my future build if i didnt have to go buying everything else separately.  Maybe in the future ill replace whatever upper i get with their upper and lower.

And their website is terrible, they only have one picture of their stuff, boo.
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that a billet lower too?  Either way your lower looks pretty close to a standard lower.  Upper looks nice.  I may end up going that route.  Cost might be just a little less considering the 9mm would need the gas tube drilled.
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish it were my AR in the pic, but i found it on google a few weeks back.  Its only like.. $320 or so for both the upper and lower billet, which from what ive seen its the best price around.  Most billet lowers go for that price, let alone both.

I was attracted to sun devil because they had so many anodized colors, but other than that I would stick to like.. a tactical innovations billet lower or something else.
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish it were my AR in the pic, but i found it on google a few weeks back.  Its only like.. $320 or so for both the upper and lower billet, which from what ive seen its the best price around.  Most billet lowers go for that price, let alone both.

I was attracted to sun devil because they had so many anodized colors, but other than that I would stick to like.. a tactical innovations billet lower or something else.
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 6:56:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 8:26:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Stickman.  I was hoping to gauge if the billet upper looked ungodly wide when on a normal lower, but looking at your billet lower, it doesn't look any wider than a standard forged lower.
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't think I have any pictures which show it with a standard lower, but hopefully this is some help.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Random%20Images/IMG_9144%20G.jpg

Dude! you need to be banned from all AR sites.You make your fellow Black rifle owner break the last commandment."Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors goods."
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I purchased 2 SUN DEVIL billet uppers from colemantyler.com in the past 30 days and 1 SUN DEVIL billet lower...they were  139.00 each plus shipping ....  the ''slick side uppers" are cheaper than the ones with the fwd assist and shell deflector....  

you cannot beat his prices anywhere....  uppers are in stock now....lowers will re-stock soon...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Too bad Sun Devil uses soft, shitty 6061 T6 aluminum  instead of 7075 for both the upper and lower.

I have a lower myself, have not used it on anything yet.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hope you guys can help me.  Was going to go with a 9mm flattop upper for my next build but I see Sun Devil makes an upper with out the forward assist or shell deflector.  I was wondering if someone can post a pic of one on a standard lower, showing the right side (ejection port side).  I'm going for a specific look and maybe the Sun Devil is what I want.  Thanks.

GL.

Just remember, any upper receiver other than one specifically made for 9mm is going to have a gas tube port. You will get a good bit of fowling blown out of that hole if you use something else. Not a huge deal but just FYI.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top