Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/18/2008 7:57:30 AM EDT

I have looked at all the obvious and not so obvious choices, but can't find exactly "it".

What I really want is the CMMG M4 upper, but they don't do the 1/9 twist.

Anyone know where I can find this combination?

Thanks in advance.

-Z
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:08:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Ironically, I spent a great deal of time looking for one with the 1 n 7 twist.If you don't mind me asking, Why do you want the 1 n 9? With the faster twist, you can comfortably fire the 75 n up grainers.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#2]
bushmaster

RRA, if you can deal with a 16"

J&T, maybe

del-ton, maybe

DPMS
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have looked at all the obvious and not so obvious choices, but can't find exactly "it".

What I really want is the CMMG M4 upper, but they don't do the 1/9 twist.

Anyone know where I can find this combination?

Thanks in advance.

-Z

Bushmaster is the only one that would have M4 ramps in the config that you desire.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:26:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ironically, I spent a great deal of time looking for one with the 1 n 7 twist.If you don't mind me asking, Why do you want the 1 n 9? With the faster twist, you can comfortably fire the 75 n up grainers.

Appreciate the feedback.

A few reasons.

First, I see you are in Oregon. Do you shoot practical rifle at Tri-County? If so, see you there. If not, you should try. Feel free to PM me.

At any rate, I usually shoot the cheap stuff 55grain.

Second, our duty rounds are the TAP, which is also 55grain.

Finally, I can't imagine a scenario where I would need to shoot the heavy stuff.

BUT, I am always open to learning more.

Best,

-Z
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:28:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Appreciate the feedback.

A few reasons.

First, I see you are in Oregon. Do you shoot practical rifle at Tri-County? If so, see you there. If not, you should try. Feel free to PM me.

At any rate, I usually shoot the cheap stuff 55grain.

Second, our duty rounds are the TAP, which is also 55grain.

Finally, I can't imagine a scenario where I would need to shoot the heavy stuff.

BUT, I am always open to learning more.

Best,

-Z

The 55gr we're issued shoots just fine out of my 1/7's so I see no need for 1/9's.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#6]
A PK Firearms- built Bushmaster is what you want. Buy a BCM or LMT Bolt & Carrier and you have a very nice upper for the money.

www.pkfirearms.com/store/get_item.aspx?id=683&action=display
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:37:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks.

Finally found it on Bushy's site.

I will contact them on Monday.

Anyone know if they stock F-stamped FSBs or if they would install one for me?

Thanks again.

-Z
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks.

Finally found it on Bushy's site.

I will contact them on Monday.

Anyone know if they stock F-stamped FSBs or if they would install one for me?

Thanks again.

-Z

They do not unless things have changed since I owned mine.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#9]
check out gg&g upper 1/9 twist ,quad rail, back up f&r sights

gggaz.com
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:34:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Crimson,
      Unfortunetly (sp) time doesn't permit me to practice as much as I used to. I've been shooting my AR since the mid 80's, and I feel you'd be happier in the long run with the faster twist. You also might consider a light weight mid-length barrel. CMMG has them also. (Sorry not trying to complicate things)

I'm going to get a Carbon 15 (97F) and I wish the twist was 1n7 , but it is ubber light. Whatever your choice, I'm sure you can always get another upper if you change your mind. (Gotta love that feature, frikken, as many options as a small block chevy build)  Keep enjoying that rifle!

And as for the whole " I can't imagine..." Without trying to sound like a smartass...
Most cars don't need to go over 65... and why not the faster twist. Your accuracy will be the same, minute of bad guy is going to work. And you can use a better (accurate, terminal ballistics,) if need be.(and at the ranges you'll be training,you don't need to use them for practice)

And, If you want to help speed up your on target time, consider a red dot sight, My Aimpoint has served me very well for over a decade, tough, reliable, simple. The new ones can run for a long,long time, on a AA batt. This add on did more to help my 3 gun times then anything else.

If you need (or want ) anymore of my "opinions" I would be more than happy to help out.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top