Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/16/2008 3:59:25 PM EDT
I missed out on the Bushmaster fall sale on the M4 uppers so I've been searching around for good deals.  I came across this one while surfing for deals on AIM.

Anyone own this upper or have an expert opinion regarding it?

Price is for the complete upper and shipping is only .01 at this time.  It has 1x7 twist and is chrome lined.  

So what do you guys think??
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a good deal and will be of the same or higher quality as Bushmaster.

You might consider the midlength upper they sell.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:09:20 PM EDT
[#2]
All I can say is CMMG comes highly reccomended around here.

Don't want to hijack or anything but I was reading the description and was a little confused about the bbl.

Here is a partial quote from the description:

4150 chrome moly vanadium steel; Magnetic particle tested 1x7 twist, hard chrome plated barrel with recessed target crownl;

WTF is chrome plated? Is that the same as Chrome-lined?

At first I was going to correct the OP and say it was a Chrome molly bbl, but then I saw that.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#3]
i love my cmmg lower, however i have a dpms upper toh thats working beautifuly tooand chrome plated is the same i would imagine
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#4]
That was going to be my next question.  Is their quality at least equal to of Bushmaster?  Reason I ask is because of the slight bashing CMMG received from a few posts here

I forgot to add that my new upper would be attached to a Bushmaster lower.  

I currently have a Bushy HBAR A2 16inch but I'm wanting to replace the upper with a flatop.

I'll most likely end up placing the removed A2 upper on another lower and making it a basic KISS rifle.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#5]
i think CMMG is much better quality than bushmaster IMO though some people would lynch me for saying that its like the ford chevy debate the best thing you can do is take a trip to a shop and inspect before you buy online
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a good upper.  Your money will be well spent and your confidence well placed.

ETA  and I'm a big Bushmaster fan.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:45:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Bushmasters work but CMMG offers more "desirable" options like 1/7 as standard, M4 ramps, F stamped FSB, etc. Definitely not needed but nice to have it available as standard options. CMMG has had its problems & I've experienced that with one order gone bad but the one I did not have to return is top notch.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 4:03:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bushmasters work but CMMG offers more "desirable" options like 1/7 as standard, M4 ramps, F stamped FSB, etc. Definitely not needed but nice to have it available as standard options. CMMG has had its problems & I've experienced that with one order gone bad but the one I did not have to return is top notch.

Did CMMG take care of your order gone bad??  
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did CMMG take care of your order gone bad??  

No plus they charged me a 15% restocking fee on top of that. Jeff said last week that I could e-mail him with the issue but he was apparently already aware of the issue when I had it the first time back in June according to Garson (company rep) & JBowles (arfcom CMMG industry moderator). 15% is not worth my attorney fees so I'm just dropping it & moving on. I bought a LMT instead. Like I said, my other CMMG is top notch &  I'm not trying to sway other folk's business away from them but I dropped the issue after getting the LMT in it's place.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#10]
See thats my issue CUSTOMER SERVICE its non existent even as you can see here Jeff offering to replace the mistake..no contact I guess he offered to right the wrong 4 months later because of the potential to secure buisness from someone inquiring about them...Maybe its time for them not to be promoted by this site..the behavior is un acceptable and there are more honest vendors that you can deal with...if this shit was going on with people in the EE they would have their account closed and warnings not to do buisness with them posted.Sorry refer to the "price check on CMMG uppers" thread
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I really like that their uppers have the "mil" spec features but not so sure about placing the order now. There's a big gunshow here in Houston this weekend and I may just wait to see if they have a good deal on different uppers there.

If I can't find a decent deal there, I may consider placing the order for the CMMG  upper through AIM anyways.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Just make sure before buying it that AIM will stand by what they sell and not play the "deal with the manufacturer" routine if somethings not right.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top