Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2008 6:43:22 AM EDT
Guys, what torque wrench do you use for the flash hider?  All the ones i have seen dont look like they would work properly.  Also, how many ft-lbs to install a standard A1 of A2 hider?   any tricks to it???

thanks!
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:51:45 AM EDT
[#1]
put a drop of blue loctite on it and crush the crush washer...line it up properly with the crush washer under duress and that's good enough. The blue loctite is optional

The little multitool four inch long barrel wrench that has a ratchet hole in it that fits on your torque wrench also has a notch for the flashhider.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:52:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:20:31 AM EDT
[#3]
These directions are for using a peel-washer and call for 15-20 ft lbs. I'd probably avoid going much over that. BSW

Full USMC TM here: www.box.net/shared/9qm9l5oplv

Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#4]
 wow thanks fellas, that was everything i needed to know!  i appreciate it!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I just use a 3/4" open ended wrench, and if you're worried about marring the FH finish you can put a single strip of masking or electrical tape on it.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top