Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2008 2:51:11 PM EDT
I know they keep gas out of your face (especially nice for us lefties!) but do they also reduce the shit deposited inside the upper and/or BCG?
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't see how it would.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't the gas used to cycle the weapon on a direct impingement system?  
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
they just re-direct the flow of the gases out the back of the upper, out the side rather then stright back.  They are more effective when used with a suppressed gun I believe.  I shoot both left and right handed and never have that much of an issue with an un-suppressed.  But with suppressed there is a lot more gas coming back thru the gas system into the upper.

Plus they are very well machined, a nice high quality charging handle.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 12:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine keeps the gases from my suppressor out of my face, or rather reduces it to normal, but it has no effect at all on fouling.  Still dirty as ever.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 1:25:56 AM EDT
[#5]
No.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 1:38:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Nope.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:02:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Would someone enlighten me a bit on this? I have a Stag 2TL and do not see/feel any gas ejection on my face. Does this happen to all AR's or just some manufacturers?
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:15:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Would someone enlighten me a bit on this? I have a Stag 2TL and do not see/feel any gas ejection on my face. Does this happen to all AR's or just some manufacturers?

It hasn't happened to any noticeable degree with any of the different brands of rifles I've fired, it only becomes a problem when shooting suppressed as the back pressure forces more gas rearward.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:37:24 AM EDT
[#9]
How much gas mine blows out the back end depends on how many pinto beans I've ate recently.....
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:27:08 AM EDT
[#10]
No; and in fact most make it worse for lefties as they tend to vent the gases out the right side putting they gases right into the face of most southpaws.

Stephen
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:33:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
No; and in fact most make it worse for lefties as they tend to vent the gases out the right side putting they gases right into the face of most southpaws.

Stephen

My experience has been exactly the opposite. It seems to force it forward rather than back into my eye.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top