BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2008 8:51:37 PM EDT
Ruger mini 30(with flash hider)+1 30 round mag+ a few boxes of ammo
For
delton 16 inch mid length rifle kit chrome lined barrel with phantom agressive muzzle brake

trying to finance a new build,thnking about trading in my mini 30 at the local gun store. its in very good condition hardly ever fired, hard to find high cap mags for it though especially in my state. do you think the local gun store will go for it?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:01:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Chances are not so good when trading with gun Stores,there rule of thumb is offer half of what they think they will sell trade,or half of blue book value.....
Blue Book value of Mini 30 is $375-$450  at 90-98 percent condition.
So figure them offering you about $200-$275 for your mini 30.

Best bet is try selling it yourself first,will get more from a private sale,also-if high capacity mags is all your issue,PRO-MAG makes  30 round mags that work pretty good,see them at local gun shows out here all the time,i use them on my Mini30,and they work ok.....Good Luck!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:15:22 PM EDT
[#2]
really theres only one way to find out.  go ask them.  if you dont like the deal they offer, you can always walk away.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 2:22:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes that would be a great trade for you.

But if I were on the other side of the counter I would see it differently.

Used Mini 14 in good condition around here sells for around $450.

So I doubt you be get more than $350 trade for the Mini. Is this a complete rifle that you want to trade for? What is the price?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top