Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 3:05:07 PM EDT
is this correct?  i thought that os what i read.  what's the opinion of these rails and sights?  any good?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#1]
thats correct.  very nice accesories.  troy sights are pretty much the industry standard and are what all others are judged against.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine have been great quality fit and finish both the Troy Rails and iron sights are the best. S&W made a wise choice going with Troy. I just hope they don't change vendors.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#3]
My S&W M&P 15FT has the flip-up Troy sights front and rear (down in this photo) and the Troy MRF (Modular Rail Forend) for a front rail, OEM'ed for Smith & Wesson.  Solid and precise, the sights are the greatest BUIS for my rifle.  The front rail is as solid as Gibraltar, I have just added a side-mounted sling mount to the picatinny rail.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk62/Make_It_In_Mass/DSC00368.jpg
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#4]
i noticed in you pic that your barrel is the same size the whole length. the rifle i saw at my dealer is not fell the same size full length, it is stepped, for the lack of a better discription.  why is there a difference?

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i13/whereemout/0721081847.jpg
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i noticed in you pic that your barrel is the same size the whole length. the rifle i saw at my dealer is not fell the same size full length, it is stepped, for the lack of a better discription.  why is there a difference?

i68.photobucket.com/albums/i13/whereemout/0721081847.jpg

His is the "ban state" version, no M4 cuts, fixed stock etc.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#7]
In Massachusetts, flash supressors are not allowed on post-ban firearms.  It has a full 16" barrel, described as a match barrel by some.  To be Mass.-legal, the M&P 15FT is sold with a pinned stock, no bayonet lug, and a 10-round magazine.  What is pictured is a pre-ban LaBelle 30-round magazine.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top