Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:59:17 PM EDT
Hello,

I need some advice on the purchase of my first suppressor.  I have attempted to do as much research as possible and it seems the more I read the more confused I get.  In a final bit of desperation I am throwing up my arms and asking for help and advice from those of you who have real experience in the area.

I have several AR platforms, two at 16” and one at 9.25” .  The 16 inch ones are standard configs with the exception of the fact that one has a 1 in 7 HBAR, and the other a 1 in 8 stainless barrel.   The 9.25 system is a POF gas piston platform and will probably be home for the suppressor approx 70% of the time.  

I am seriously considering a Gemtech G5 or a Surefire can.  I am wanting a quick attach system that can go onto a Vortex like hider or an effective compensator (suggestions in those areas welcome as well).   I have read on the Surefire specs that they don’t advise using their can on a system as short as 9.25 inches.  Is that for safety?  Proper cycling?  I asked Surefire and they just said “ we don’t support that short”.

So…. What works well for my needs?  Any other advice or words of wisdom regarding this thread?

Thanks in advance to all!  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#2]
posting there... sorry I got lost ....

Mark
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top