Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2008 12:31:45 PM EDT
I've regular ol' plain jane slings on my M4 and A2 clones but am wanting something a bit more advanced for my Sabre middy. I'm interested in a set up that would allow me to transition to a pistol while leaving the rifle hanging in front of me.

I know there are a lot of options out there. I guess I'm looking for some real word experience to help in my decision.

Suggestions?

ETA - a price below $50 would be nice also.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I am very satisfied with my Troy single point sling. You will need a single point sling mount as well.

www.bravocompanyusa.com/Troy-Industries-Single-Point-Sling-p/sling%20troy%20single%20fde.htm

www.bravocompanyusa.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=sling+mount
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Gear Sector makes great modular slings that might fit your needs, both purpose designed single points, and their GS-2P which can be used as both a two point, and single point sling with the right adapters.  

The great thing about Gear Sector slings are the absolute modularity of them, a single sling can easily be used on multiple weapons with the right adapters, quickly and easily.  

HTH,
~Augee
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Gear Sector makes great modular slings that might fit your needs, both purpose designed single points, and their GS-2P which can be used as both a two point, and single point sling with the right adapters.  

The great thing about Gear Sector slings are the absolute modularity of them, a single sling can easily be used on multiple weapons with the right adapters, quickly and easily.  

HTH,
~Augee

+1

I bought the Gear Sector GS-2P and absolutely love it. Quality is top notch and it can be had in all 3 main colors.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#5]
booniepacker.com I bought their 2 point adjustable tactical sling for $14.00 bucks free shipping! For the price, you can't beat it, bar none.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#6]
GS-2P is a great sling.  Check in the Slings & Accessories board for the ongoing T&E on it.
And you won't get better service than you will from Jason.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Blueforce Vickers sling.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:52:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Gear Sector,  their customer sevice is excellent as well.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:47:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Blue Force Gear Vickers VCAS two point sling in foliage green color on my LMT M4gery

I've been using the Blue Force Gear brand now for about two years and the Vickers slings are on my two carbines and also my Steyr AUG A1 carbine for over a year, I'm very satisfied with them.

There are some dealers here that sells the Vickers sling for just under $50 but if it's not available at that price Vickers also makes the Victory series Vickers slings for much less like around $33 to $36, they're the same high quality materials as the standard VCAS slings except it omits the Fastex buckle and only comes in black color.

Gear Sector and Viking Tactics are popular slings here as well.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Viking tactics or 5.11 VTAC padded sling.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
booniepacker.com I bought their 2 point adjustable tactical sling for $14.00 bucks free shipping! For the price, you can't beat it, bar none.

+1 Great sling for the money
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#12]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

+1 Great sling for the money

+1 no complaints on BP 2 pt.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#13]
VTAC.

Infinitely adjustable.  Versitile and allows for various positions and transitions to sidearm or weakhand.  Can be brought in TIGHT for when your primary needs to be stowed.

Padded or normal version, either are good, but the padded is the most comfortable thing around, especially after you start adding optics, rails, lights, etc to your weapon.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I put a Safari Sling on my BB Rock River. It does not go around the forward handguard, just comes off the swivel, and has a loop that goes around the butt and the sling comes off the side. It works well for such a heavy gun, and I would think it would work well for others as well.

You can check them out at Sportsmens Warehouse, and they're only like $18
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Check VTAC (Viking Tactical)
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:28:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:37:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Single point slings for me.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top