Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2008 5:58:17 AM EDT
hi guys, this is my first post, my son has started me down the path of the AR platform, i used to be an ak guy, but!! my son showed me the light, my son will be leaving in maybe 6 weeks to join the millitary, not sure as to which branch, he has tenative planes for uav's in the army (smart kid huh!) in any event i seek to build my new weapon with his help, and to enjoy the first shooting with him as well before he leaves on his grand adventure. but i am hitting nothing but walls. difficult to find lowers (is stag good?) impossible to find the ubr stock!! impossible to find the beowulf upper!! i have had many weapons, and have always settled due to availibility. but because of my sons knowledge, and my desire to this right i seek your help. in all cases if i buy on availibility, than my son will be long gone, and my need to share this with him will also be gone until he returns. any and all help will be greatly appreciated
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:24:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Stag stuff is fine, very few complaints, and they are a stand up company
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:30:40 AM EDT
[#2]
thank you, that is a begining.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:33:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I have two AR's Colt 6920 and an Armalite AR-10A4 but now I'm moving into the build-it-yourself mode. If you are going to build your own there are many vendors in the equipment exchange section of this forum that can supply you with all the parts you could ever need as long as the brown truck can pull up to your door. Here is a link that is very helpful for building you own. Good luck.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:34:28 AM EDT
[#4]
as for the stock and upper, best bet is start watching the EE, I saw one of those stocks on there a few days ago
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:38:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:52:57 AM EDT
[#6]
thank you all, i did not expect such a quick response, ALL the info is great, and i am in the process of using it, keep it coming, and again. thank you
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:35:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
hi guys, this is my first post, my son has started me down the path of the AR platform, i used to be an ak guy, but!! my son showed me the light, my son will be leaving in maybe 6 weeks to join the millitary, not sure as to which branch, he has tenative planes for uav's in the army (smart kid huh!) in any event i seek to build my new weapon with his help, and to enjoy the first shooting with him as well before he leaves on his grand adventure. but i am hitting nothing but walls. difficult to find lowers (is stag good?) impossible to find the ubr stock!! impossible to find the beowulf upper!! i have had many weapons, and have always settled due to availibility. but because of my sons knowledge, and my desire to this right i seek your help. in all cases if i buy on availibility, than my son will be long gone, and my need to share this with him will also be gone until he returns. any and all help will be greatly appreciated

Check out this store, Lars is very good to deal with, prices are competitive and service is great
.50 Beowulf.com

Some complete Beos on Gunbroker
GB Beowulfs

They say they have it in stock but I would call and check
UBR stock

Also periodically check with Bravo company, they get them in stock every now and then, that is where i received my UBR (great stock) for my Beowulf
BCM UBR link

Or you can just go to the industry tab and go down the list of sponsors/dealers/stores and see if they have what you need
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#9]
You came to the right place, newconvert!  Welcome.  You'll learn much here, and find many resources.

Good luck with the build, and you know we wanna see pics of the final product, as well as an eventual range report!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:13:06 AM EDT
[#10]
i will be happy to show and tell once i can manage to put a beowulf together, thank you all for the assistance, unfortunatly everything still meets with a wall. the beowulf is just so popular, and a .50 is my firearm caliber of choice. now with patience i guess i can build one, hopefully in time to enjoy it with my son.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:35:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Lots of lowers for sale on www.gunbroker.com.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Also double check any lead times with people here.
5 months ago I ordered a complete rifle from Rock
River Arms, I was told I would receive it in 8-12 weeks,
now it's likely going to be 6 months or longer. Obviously
far outside of your 6 week time frame.

I wish him and you all the luck.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:52:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Go with the .50 if that's the itch you got to scratch, but you might want to get a more 'traditional' AR caliber while you wait for the Big Beo'.
In terms of ammo availabiltiy alone, it's worth having something in 5.56, and you could have the thing put together and shooting long before your son ships out.
Moon
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Midway USA has the Beowulf upper you desire.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Welcome to our AR world. There is plenty of info on what you want here. Good luck on that build.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Midway USA has the Beowulf upper you desire.

Yep, as does Cabellas'. They are out there! Go git em'!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top