Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 11:51:41 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has tried this?  Enidine AR-Restor Hydraulic Recoil Buffer.  and what your thoughts are?  thanks
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a hydralic buffer in several of my rifles.

In a full leanth 20in rifle with a full stock they work great they slow and smoothing out the action, lowering muzzle rise, and slowing cyclic rate.

In a carbine they do the same but they make it diffucult to manualy lock the bolt to the rear, it locks fine with a mag stop.

They also take out the sproing of the spring.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was wondering if anyone has tried this?  Enidine AR-Restor Hydraulic Recoil Buffer.  and what your thoughts are?  thanks

Well I have been trying to get a carbine sized Endine bufffer to work in both my S&WM&P15T and my LM&T Defender 2000. And with both .223 and 5.56 Nato Ammos. it just has problems with feeding rounds and hang ups extracting rounds. Also many times when pulling the charging handle back the bolt will not fully retract into the bolt carrier again causing a feed problem.

When I reinstall my STD. supplied buffers all is good to go again.

I am trying to contact both Brownell's where I bought it and Endine direct so far neither has answered my messages.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Good info.  Thanks guys.  Basically I was really trying to get the "sproing" noise out of my stock spring and not so much for recoil purposes.  Anyone else have a good or bad experience with this?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Good info.  Thanks guys.  Basically I was really trying to get the "sproing" noise out of my stock spring and not so much for recoil purposes.  Anyone else have a good or bad experience with this?

All you need is some good high Temp. grease on the spring it works great with the noise and saves the buffer tube bore.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All you need is some good high Temp. grease on the spring it works great with the noise and saves the buffer tube bore.

The grease sold for spring air rifles stays in place the best.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had zero issues with reliability in my rifle nor issues locking th ebolt back or charging but I would not get one just for the sproing. I used grease successfully for that and its a heck of a lot less money.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok thanks.  Any particular type or brand of grease?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ok thanks.  Any particular type or brand of grease?

If you have and aircraft service shop near you a good high Temp. aircraft wheel bearing grease will work great. You just want a grease that stays put and you don't need a lot just cover the outside coils of the spring.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't work with aircrafts but some of the eqiupment I was in charge of maintaining used aircraft quality grease. Look into Aeroshell 6 or 22. Both are high temp aircraft quality bearing grease.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:41:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't work with aircrafts but some of the eqiupment I was in charge of maintaining used aircraft quality grease. Look into Aeroshell 6 or 22. Both are high temp aircraft quality bearing grease.

That should work fine.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I use a hydralic buffer in several of my rifles.

In a full leanth 20in rifle with a full stock they work great they slow and smoothing out the action, lowering muzzle rise, and slowing cyclic rate.

In a carbine they do the same but they make it diffucult to manualy lock the bolt to the rear, it locks fine with a mag stop.

They also take out the sproing of the spring.

Cool, but......I'd never wanna lose that SPROING!  It's a beautiful sound!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks again guys?  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top