Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 6:39:16 AM EDT
I am looking at the RRA Varmint A4 model in 18" barrel.  The only thing I dont like about the gun is there doesn't appear to be any spot for a sling AND bipod.  So, is there an easy way of adding an additional mount for sling or bipod or should I get a FF rail system?  Also, if I go with a FF rail, will I have to remove the gas block or is it small enough for the rail to slip over?

Thanks for all your input.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/images/products/va407.gif
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Bipods attach to the stud (little thing at the front bottom of handguard.

My bipod (caldwell) had another stud on the bottom of it, I went to walmart got a sling swivel to attach my sling to.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:59:35 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 I did the exact same thing excep I have a Harris Bi pod instead.  

IF you go with a rail system you will need to get an adapter for teh bi pod unles you are using one like the GG&G or Grip Pod.

Shuter
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  I knew there was probably an easier way I was missing.
Thanks again.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top