Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 12:02:19 PM EDT
I just read in the 2008 "Book of the AR-15" that, due to high ammo costs, S&W plans to release a new M&P-15 model in 5.45x39 Russian. They said that the Russian ammo is an average of $200 cheaper per 1,000 rounds than 5.56mm and they wanted to produce a rifle that the "average" AR owner could actually afford to go out and shoot. I'm thinking that's all well and good, but I wonder how well the Russian round will feed in a magazine designed to fit an AR lower. Would'nt the 5.45x39 have some of the same feeding issues as the 7.62x39? They are both heavily tapered cases. Thoughts anyone?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#2]
As usual I'm a day late and a dollar short. Thanks for the link!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top