BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/22/2008 7:19:00 PM EDT
any real difference? thanks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#1]
While this has been discussed extensively here (search for storm or pelican) the general consensus is this:

The are both very similar in quality but people do seem to prefer the handle on the Storm better than the Pelican as it is more comfortable.  Other than that, there isn't much difference.  A lot of people here have both, and equally like them.  I don't think you could go wrong with either.  Whatever you can find at a good price is a good bet.
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks. thats what i thought from reading up on them didn't know about the handle.
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 9:57:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I own both and prefer the Storm.  The latches on the Storm are MUCH easier to open and close (due to the internal, spring-loaded detente), but they are just as secure (if not more so) than the Pelican latches.

I won't buy another large Pelican.
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 10:56:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I own both and prefer the Storm.  The latches on the Storm are MUCH easier to open and close (due to the internal, spring-loaded detente), but they are just as secure (if not more so) than the Pelican latches.

I won't buy another large Pelican.

+1 on the Storm cases I love mine,.. I don't own a pelican.
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 12:19:23 AM EDT
[#5]
The Storm is the better case but it shows scratches a little more becasue of its very smooth outter texture/finish if you care about that.  The latches are way better on the Storm.
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 12:31:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I've owned both in the past, only have Storm now.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#7]
How are the lock hasps on the Storm Cases?  Can you partially open the case with padlocks installed?

It is hard to tell in the small photos, but they look pretty thin and easy to defeat compared to the new metal reinforced ones on the Pelicans.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top