Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/16/2008 3:00:03 PM EDT
I was wondering if someone could explain the different Buttstock Buffer Springs and tubes. Some are extra power and lower power...What is wrong with the standard spring and tube...Thanks for the help guys
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was wondering if someone could explain the different Buttstock Buffer Springs and tubes. Some are extra power and lower power...What is wrong with the standard spring and tube...Thanks for the help guys

Nothing is wrong with the standard springs.  But when you start getting into odd barrel lengths or attaching sound suppressors you may need a little different spring.  And then there are people in competitions who want minimum power loadings for low recoil and they need a lower power spring for reliable function.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
so for someone that is loading a little hotter round they would want the higher power spring so that the rifle will function? Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
so for someone that is loading a little hotter round they would want the higher power spring so that the rifle will function? Thanks for the help

I would just get a little heavier buffer.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

A little hotter, no.  But if you are using an upper for something like .50 Beowulf or .458 SOCOM then an extra power spring helps.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:21:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Nothing wrong with milspec. Different springs/buffers just change the cycle rate. In my M4 I run a increased spring with a h3 buffer. Decreases muzzle jump and gets quicker more accurate follow ups. I run a milspec spring with h2 buffer in midrange tac rig.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top