Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/5/2008 10:17:54 AM EDT
Haveing purchased 2 BCM uppers and a bunch of other gear from Bravo in the past I have wanted a BCM middy upper for over a year now . they are never in stock and there is never a hint of when they will be. a'm I the only one who want's one ? is there no demand for them ? have the piston uppers stole thier thunder and will I be able to get a BCM middy B4 I die ? what if everyone who want's one got a group purchase going and made it worth BCM's trouble to do a batch up right now ?
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#1]
The barrels BCM had were great, so good that I think that after the 1st batch came out the rest became vaporware!  I've benn waiting since forever to hear that the 11.5's will be available again with no future date in site.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 12:46:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Haveing purchased 2 BCM uppers and a bunch of other gear from Bravo in the past I have wanted a BCM middy upper for over a year now . they are never in stock and there is never a hint of when they will be. a'm I the only one who want's one ?

Are you kidding?  -Everybody- wants BCM to make more barrels, not the least of which is BCM themselves.

The reason you don't see any on the market is that they simply cannot get the correct steel for them.  There was actually a second batch made but BCM rejected them because the steel wasn't up to par.
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#4]
WHY IN THE HELL WOULD THE "RIGHT STEEL" NOT BE AVAILABLE AT A PRICE ? this is very strange to me ,but what the hell do I know ?
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 3:29:10 PM EDT
[#5]
You are right- you don't know.

The steel that was allegedly cert was not- after testing- in fact what it was supposed to be.
That resulted in calls, more calls, claims etc, and then new buy, new testing and so forth.

He could have just bought the non cert stuff, called it an overrun from some other company and sold it- and few would have been wiser.

Except for him.
He knew, and his ethics are clearly head and shoulders above a lot of those in this business.

How's that?
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Bump for any info on availability?
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#7]
For those of you who do not deal with steel everyday as some of us do:  There has been and continues to be a shortage of quality steel it in this country.  Most is imported and much of the imported steel is not what it is supposed to be.  You want to pay $1000 for a barrel?  I'll find you the steel.....  
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#8]
aparently I don't know shit about this .how could this be ? the most powerfull greatest country in the world can't produce a quality barrel steel ? if this is true than the country has gone to hell . someone some where needs to get this country jump started B4 its too late . I'll still buy 2 if they (Bravo/Paul) makes them ,hope they don't cost an arm and a leg because I'll only be able to afford 1 than. I honestly would have never thought our ability to produce the best steel at a fair price was the problem . I'm old enough to remember when we were always able to produce the best at a competive price . at my age 57 it is sad but ,I realy feel bad for you young guys if this trend continues. I can only hope I don't live long enough to see things get any worse .
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#9]
BCM adverises the mil-spec 11595E CMV 4150 steel..so im sure if they cant get what they promise in their ads they wont settle for less...and thats why I love BCM they could be like others and say MP inspected when its not or 4150 mil-spec steel when its not...but they dont because they hold themselves to a higher standard and expect from themselves what their customers expect...The best
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm going to leave it up to Paul to announce when they are coming, but after discussions I had with him 2 months ago I will say that the light is at the end of the tunnel. Good things are coming, and I am willing to wait a bit more for the quality and standards he will be delivering. He just moved to a better/bigger facility and they are coming. When my CMMG middy comes up for sale on the EE, that will be a good sign for you to look at...

Link Posted: 7/5/2008 11:52:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm also waiting for the great products from BCM
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 1:59:23 AM EDT
[#12]
i still have one of his barrels from the first batch i need to mount into a receiver. i hope he gets more in as i really like the first one i bought.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 3:15:26 AM EDT
[#13]
It's not really that we can't or don't produce some of the best steel.  It's where it's going.  China for several years now has been the largest importer of steel.  I believe they are also the largest exporter but that is in most ways not the point.  The real point is that if you were a high quality manufacturer of steel what contract would you take?  The one for a (maybe) a couple tons of high grade steel or the one for thousands or perhaps a few million tons?  As unfortunate as this is, things like this play a large role in corporate business.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Gonif

BCM middie in your lifetime?...

They will be available again....

Paul said so.

Link Posted: 7/6/2008 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#15]
I wish
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#16]
My dad (71) still works in a steel mill making specialty steels - they are one of the few real steel mills left in the country. The big mills are gone now - sold off and outsourced long ago. It's not only sad, IMO, it's dangerous. We get in a shooting war with China, who's going to make our steel? When we geared up for WWII it was a simple matter of getting American Industry to change over and start making weapons - Underwood,IBM and Rockola for example, made M1 carbines among other things. GM made tanks. Well, GM cars are mostly plastic now, and plastic doesn't make for good tanks. Outsourcing is bad for this country and will be the downfall of us all, mark my words.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Preaching to the choir  It is a sad state of affairs our country is in now.

Quoted:
My dad (71) still works in a steel mill making specialty steels - they are one of the few real steel mills left in the country. The big mills are gone now - sold off and outsourced long ago. It's not only sad, IMO, it's dangerous. We get in a shooting war with China, who's going to make our steel? When we geared up for WWII it was a simple matter of getting American Industry to change over and start making weapons - Underwood,IBM and Rockola for example, made M1 carbines among other things. GM made tanks. Well, GM cars are mostly plastic now, and plastic doesn't make for good tanks. Outsourcing is bad for this country and will be the downfall of us all, mark my words.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I've heard from Bravo and their other dealers that the BCM middy uppers will be available again in 6 to 10 weeks.

It will follow BCM's 16" carbine gas system uppers which will be coming very soon.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#19]
yep, also heard that BCM's are scheduled for shipping.  talked with shop and they are anticipating receiving first batch possibly this week yet.  Middy is later down the line.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top