User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/31/2008 12:26:50 PM EDT
FYI, if you didn't already know (I didn't):

Link Posted: 3/31/2008 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I almost bought one late last year too.

Now that the ATF can hold you liable for faulty parts making your rifle go full auto, this is a good call.

It's unfortunate for CMC.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 2:43:33 PM EDT
[#2]
has anyone actually called them or gone to that recall website yet?  The phone number at the top of the recall letter isn't the same one listed on their website and the company website shown in the top corner of the letter isn't correct.  The correct website is chipmccormickcorp.com  You would think they would get their own website correct.
Is somebody trying to pull a fast one or get someone to log on to some bogus website?  It looks legit but that website thing makes me wonder.  (yes, I got a letter in the mail today)
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, this is why they stopped selling them for a while there.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#4]
sorry, hit the wrong button
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
has anyone actually called them or gone to that recall website yet?  The phone number at the top of the recall letter isn't the same one listed on their website and the company website shown in the top corner of the letter isn't correct.  The correct website is chipmccormickcorp.com  You would think they would get their own website correct.
Is somebody trying to pull a fast one or get someone to log on to some bogus website?  It looks legit but that website thing makes me wonder.  (yes, I got a letter in the mail today)

It's legit, it's a company which outsources recalls (it's the people who sent you the letter too.)
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#6]
damn!!! I have two of them!!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

They're making your browser double post!
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/31/2008 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HAR!! I finally got it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's a PDF of the same letter above.

recallqa.com/cmcar15/_cs/images/RecallNotice.pdf

I think they did screw up on the website name.

The address from  https://www.chipmccormickcorp.com/ does match up though.

Link Posted: 3/31/2008 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HAR!! I finally got it.

Your browser is now a machine gun, please call the BATFE!    
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Here's a PDF of the same letter above.

recallqa.com/cmcar15/_cs/images/RecallNotice.pdf

I think they did screw up on the website name.

The address from  https://www.chipmccormickcorp.com/ does match up though.

Yeah. I also got an envelope in the mail to send my trigger back and it has the correct address.  I just didn't want to get conned in to being one of a thousand folks that sent triggers back unnecessarily or log onto some bogus website that crashed my computer.  I'm paranoid after having ID theft problems.  It's amazing what some of the crooks out there will go through to rip you off or cause problems for some company they don't like.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I did observe a new CMC trigger go full auto a few months ago. And CMC did replace it, no questions asked.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HAR!! I finally got it.

Your browser is now a machine gun, please call the BATFE!    

OMFG u guys crack me up LOL
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Call me sceptical, but I want to hear from the CMC rep. on this topic before sending my trigger group anywhere.

First, the recall website is "hacked" or a virus? to have a XXX site inserted into the PDF.

Second, it states to visit the site to request shipping information.  Where on the website does it ask "To request shipping information, go here?"

Third, on the "Make Request" area (maybe this it the shipping information request), it has two purchase date radio buttons;  One says purchased before May 2007, other says purchased after Dec 2007.  Recall says problem is for modules purchased between May 2007 and Dec 2007.

If the recall is real, CMC needs to find a new recall website or do it themselves.

One more thing, why is there no mention of it on CMC's website?
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Call me sceptical, but I want to hear from the CMC rep. on this topic before sending my trigger group anywhere.

First, the recall website is "hacked" or a virus? to have a XXX site inserted into the PDF.

Second, it states to visit the site to request shipping information.  Where on the website does it ask "To request shipping information, go here?"

Third, on the "Make Request" area (maybe this it the shipping information request), it has two purchase date radio buttons;  One says purchased before May 2007, other says purchased after Dec 2007.  Recall says problem is for modules purchased between May 2007 and Dec 2007.

If the recall is real, CMC needs to find a new recall website or do it themselves.

One more thing, why is there no mention of it on CMC's website?

I shot them an email with all the recall links. I'll post a response tomorrow.
I would suggest you guys call them tomorrow also.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, there are some screwy aspects to this, as mentioned by SwissSteel. It appears CMC is no longer an Industry Partner and their rep is not likely to appear here.

The missive I received includes a shipping envelope with CMC's correct address and $1.44 in U.S.P.S. postage. If it's somehow bogus, it'll sure be interesting to see what shakes out in the near future. But I'm not really inclined to believe it's bogus yet, despite it's having a little hair on it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Yup, mine doubled down at Blackwater in 2004. Its been laying on my workbench ever since.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#20]
other than the legal ramifications of now owning an illegal MG, does doubling cause an safety issues?  More chance of a Kaboom or out of battery fire?

Always been curious if a doubling or tripling AR is a potential handgrenade
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#21]
It's possible. If the hammer hits the firing pin before the round is fully in battery, there is a chance the case will erupt.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#22]
It's pretty hard for an AR to fire out of battery.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Out of battery may have been the wrong term. If it fired without the bolt locked. It could essentially cause the same effect.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 7:19:11 PM EDT
[#24]
yikes, i have one of these.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#25]
No longer an industry partner, does that explain why their thread disappeared from the new products forum?

1st thing I did was look for their thread and was surprised not to find it.  Thought it would be the place to look for something official about a recall.  It may have been a week or two ago that I reread their thread, part of which talked about similar problems with their Gen I version.  According to that, Gen I can be id'd by the solid sided hammer.  Gen II has the lightening cutouts in the hammer.  The recall notice pictures appear to be Gen II.

If this recall is legit, CMC's disappearing act will ensure I never send another $ in their direction.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 3:24:28 AM EDT
[#26]
The thread is still there: Drop-In AR15 Match Trigger Module from the Chip McCormick Corporation

I'm going to call them later and see if it's all legit.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 5:07:59 AM EDT
[#27]
I just spoke with CMC; the recall is definitely real.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 8:38:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Ok, I guess one must join the team to see more pages.  I only see pages 1-2 under new ar products and it is not there.  MMcfpd, thanks for contacting CMC.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 8:42:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Jeez, am I jinxed? S&W MP15T, had to send it off to have the gas block replaced, now my new trigger has gone scary. The trigger is MY fault, not S&W's. Whats next? This really aggravates me. I should have waited for the Gisselle. I 'm starting to get cured of BRD.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 9:13:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Thought this was an old problem. Mine did the same thing a year or two ago and I sent it back and they replaced it. Can't remember when exactly that was.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a CMC trigger and got a recall kit in the mail yesterday. It had a letter explaining everything, a padded stamped envelope to send the trigger back.
I called CMC and the lady told me the recall was being done by another party and it was true.
Jerked the trigger out last night and mailed it off this morning.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Thought this was an old problem. Mine did the same thing a year or two ago and I sent it back and they replaced it. Can't remember when exactly that was.

IIRC the Gen Is had a doubling problem, they went out of production and off the market for a while, then came back with the Gen IIs last year. I don't know if the current difficulty is directly related to the original, but the symptoms appear similar.
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I ordered mine from Midway back in August 2006 for $154.99 .
Because I have an 06' model that means I'm OK right?
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I ordered mine from midway last august 07' but never got a mail notice.  should I just call cmc?
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 6:58:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Yes call them. I sent mine in just over 2 weeks ago and haven't received it back yet. I did call to make sure they had it and was told It would be mailed back this week. Sure soured me on CMC and I loved the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/25/2008 4:50:47 AM EDT
[#36]
I bought two from Midway May 2007.  The first to SOLVE a problem with a carbine which was doubling, tripling and well, firing as long as ammo was in the mag.  Came from the factory, Olympic, that way.  Loved the trigger and it stopped the problem (many asked why I made the change - duh).  Both triggers are working flawlessly but will send one back today after proving the recall is legit.  BTW, the bogus url in the noti letter was a phisher, blocked by Norton IS08.

Not enough ammo, not enough time!hinking.gif
Link Posted: 4/25/2008 1:19:55 PM EDT
[#37]
I got mine back today. Just over 2 weeks since I sent it in. All the parts are new for what ever that's worth. It functions as it always did, perfectly. I always liked the trigger but CMC has made their last buck off me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2008 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#38]
isn't this the SECOND recall on these triggers? I got one word for this: GEISSELE.
Link Posted: 4/25/2008 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Got mine back yesterday.  I assume everything's OK.  Can't tell if it's the same one I sent in.  A note from them saying everything checked out would have been nice.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#40]
sent mine in about 2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten it back,
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top