Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/5/2007 4:42:52 AM EDT
need help....I am having a hard time- get a Colt SBR or Arsenal AK? I have a Colt rifle already- can't decide btw the 2? Do I want a 2nd AR or have 1 AR and 1 Ak? Pros and cons for each as I see it is...pros- oh hell yea for both and no cons...so here lies the issue-which 1?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:50:48 AM EDT
[#1]
This is really, seriously, truly up to you.

Some would rather stick with the same weapon platform and others like to diversify their portfolio.

I love AKs and ARs, but if I had one and not the other I would buy the one I didn't have.  SBR'd AKs are one of the most enjoyable semi-auto weapons available.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:55:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats tough, if the other Colt is the only rifle you have then stick with the platform..

OTOH, if you already have a couple of ARs, go with the AK.

I would stick with the ARs just for compatability, but either way its a good choice.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:38:40 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 to what fearlessleader01 said
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:11:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Colt Factory SBR:
$1300 est. for 6921
$0200 for tax stamp
$**** for the ever-increasing price of .223 ammo
Owning a hard-to-get & unique weapons system
that shoots tight groups & gets the ooos and ahhhs = Priceless

AK47 variant:
$350 avg. cost
$100 accessories
Saving a lot on all the ammo to shoot through
your common-as-hell, pawn shop special = also Priceless

So, do you drive a Geo Metro, or do you drive a BMW?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:29:59 AM EDT
[#5]
me? i'd get the SBR Colt.

but then i rarely shoot the AK's i've got now.

even with price of ammo, i enjoy shooting my AR's more. you could always do a colt  9mm sbr AR15 to if ammo prices are a concern
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:34:14 AM EDT
[#6]
one AR and one AK in the same safe.....doesn't sound right!

j/k!

I'd get the Colt: more accessories and same ammo of the rifle you already own.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:51:45 AM EDT
[#7]
m4- the AK I'm looking at is an Arsenal-SA M7 R- no NEON here, approx 800 less than a Colt 6933. I agree with ammo being an issue, that is one reason I began looking at AK's. But...who knows when the AK ammo will be in the same situation as .223. The prices for 7.62 is on the up up.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#8]
frens- yep, my thoughts to. Go Colt, same ammo, don't neeed to buy bulgy mags, but...D@mn, those arsenals sure are nice.

I wish my taste buds did not desire expensive toys, I just can't seem to come to terms on the NEON/Geo pawn shop 200.00, hope it shoots AK?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:00:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
m4- the AK I'm looking at is an Arsenal-SA M7 R- no NEON here, approx 800 less than a Colt 6933. I agree with ammo being an issue, that is one reason I began looking at AK's. But...who knows when the AK ammo will be in the same situation as .223. The prices for 7.62 is on the up up.

From that appproach, I'd still get the AR. It is so much more accurate that if you shoot the one you have at all, the AK will be frustrating to shoot, as it will be "all over the place" on the target.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top