Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/4/2007 2:03:23 PM EDT
I am doing a 1 off large caliber ar15, and am having a hard time finding someone to build me a barrel.

Any links would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:44:29 PM EDT
[#1]
It would be helpful to know which caliber barrel you're looking to have made, then someone might be able to let you know if what you want is feasible or possible.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#2]
375 based on a Beo case. Basing it on a beo case due to the rim size and I already have a beowulf. Sort of like a 458 socom or a beowulf with better ballistics and deeper fpe in the 250-300 grain area.

I have already dicussed it with Dave Kiff at pacific tool and there is no problem with a reamer and a go gage, and RCBS and I came up with an easy fairly reasonable soluiton for the dies.

I have a lathe and have reamed a few bolt action barrels, but tooling up to make an AR 15 barrel is something I would rather pay someone else to do since I have never done one before.

I think I might have found one guy that can do it. Basically just need to start with a Shilen or douglass 375 blank.

If I can get this one round to work out maybe one of these days I might get around to a looking at a 375 jurras ar15, but the brass work would be major as you would have to turn a rebated rim on 475 nitro brass and they cost around $3-4 each.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:17:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Check here. I hear this guy does good work. Maybe he can help.

KKF Rebarreling

Look about 2/3 of the way down that page.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top