Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 5:48:23 AM EDT
I need a hand identifying a Colt SP1 that I am putting on layaway at a local shop.  I know enough to know that I am getting an all Colt gun, and therefore, at the $675.00 asking price, a pretty good deal.  I will try to post some pics in a day or two, but I'd really like to know the model number if anyone can help.  

The rifle is a Colt SP1 slabside sans forward assist.  It has a pencil thin 16" barrel with an A1 flash suppressor and bayonet lug, CAR style handguards and a 4-pos collapsible stock.  Finish is at least 90% or better.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Oh, it is a gift for my 14yr old son.  I think he'll enjoy it.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:45:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Ask here: RETRO FORUM

Sounds like a good deal to me, considering it is all original Colt.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:06:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe it is an R6001.  I believe I am getting one hell of a deal.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:26:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Daddy
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:27:54 AM EDT
[#4]
The stock is not original.  An SP1 carbine has two positions.

Somebody robbed the old stock parts (which are the rarest part) from the gun.

The stock on it now is probably a POS aftermarket $30 item.

If you add the original stock parts back ($250) then you are up around $900 which is an ok deal, not great.

Scott

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually, I had to go back and look last night.  It has the two-pos stock, and the finish is close to 100% with normal wear marks only, no scratches or dings.  $675 very well spent.  Who says ya cant get a good deal at Cabela's.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#6]
LUCKY!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll second the LUCKY
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:28:59 PM EDT
[#8]
That's a horrible deal. What a RIP-OFF!!! Cancel that layaway at ONCE... and give me the name & location of that shop so I can personally go by there and chastise that guy for trying to take advantage of you like this!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry guys.

I am the proud owner of an SP1 in Coltguard which I got at 17 as a graduation gift.  I know what an R6001 in the condition this one is in is worth.  My son will sing my praises.  Of course, the old man will have to "show" him how to shoot it.  

I am still working on pictures.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top