Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/1/2007 5:13:03 PM EDT
I've never owned an AR before..The 2 I'm looking at are the DPMS and Rock River..Anyone got thoughts on which may be better than the other??Or another manufacturer??..The uses I have in mind are varmit and paper target shooting..ps--I like the looks of the tactical accessories..
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I would look more at the specs of the rifle more than the name on the side

in other words, match the rifle you buy to your intended uses. if you want a varmint rifle/paper puncher get just that (including an optic). Don't get an LMT or 6920 because you read on the internet they are excellent rifles. With the 2 you named you cant go wrong. maybe just off the top of my head go with RR for a service type rifle and DPMS for a varmint style.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#2]
both are good. depending on distance you will be shooting, you might think about the length of barrels. if i were looking at a varmint gun, personally i woudln't get anything less than 20". good luck, keep us posted.

p.s. what part of nc you in? i am in winston.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#3]
You can't go wrong with a RRA national match or varmit

both have heavy or bull barrels and are factory warranty covered to shoot under 1 inch at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#4]
RRA anyday
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
RRA anyday

+1. Can't say yea or nay on DPMS. No experience with their complete guns. Don't care for their LPK's though, so that's why I'd go RRA's. They make an excellent product + great customer support. If you have to order one, itll take awhile, but well worth the wait IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Stay away from DPMS, my best friend has one its picky POS, IMHO... Get the RRA out of those 2.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#7]
The Official ARFCOM answer is...... BOTH!!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#8]
hey...I'm located north of Hickory on US 321..in the direction of Lenoir..that's going toward the mtns..thx for the reply to my post..Roger
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top