Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/1/2007 12:21:18 PM EDT
I have one of these attached to my custom upper. It's been good so far, but I'm wondering, is there anything the other Colt lowers offer that the HBAR doesn't?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have one of these attached to my custom upper. It's been good so far, but I'm wondering, is there anything the other Colt lowers offer that the HBAR doesn't?

In short......... No

Other than different rollmarks.

The HBAR model was more a reference to the barrel used on the rifle - a Heavy Barrel.

A standard A2 lower.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Except for the rollmarks the only thing I noticed that are different is that some lowers have the hole for the detent pin for the takedown pivot pin, some don't have the hole.

No big problem if it doesn't have a detent hole, a gunsmith could put it in.

I also have a Colt Match Target HBAR model MT6601 lower receiver that I'm using on my Colt M16A2 upper, it's been good so far it runs like a sewing machine.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top