Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/1/2007 9:19:07 AM EDT
A guy at the bar told me he had one and there is no spring noise when shot i was wondering if anyone has ran one of these and knows where to get them? ok i googled and found olympic arms makes it it is a A4 buffer? What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#1]
You can buy the Olympic buffers here.

The Olympic buffer is pneumatic, there is also an Enidine buffer which is hydraulic. I bought the Olympic and I am happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#2]
The Oly is only available for full length stocks, the Endine is available for carbines or rifles.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Try the chrome silicone buffer springs, don't know why but there is no spring noise.

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:56:24 AM EDT
[#4]
MGI's recoil spring is supposed to reduce the noise. I have not tried it yet.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:46:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
MGI's recoil spring is supposed to reduce the noise. I have not tried it yet.

I have the MGI 2X spring and it does reduce the springy noise. Its still there but much less.
Also as stated above the Chrome silicon springs also reduce the noise. I have a couple of these in my piston and direct gas AR's.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top