Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 3:56:21 PM EDT
Please forgive me if this seems like an anal question.  

I have had a Bushy 16-inch HBAR w/ collapsible stock for a few years.  I've added a few odds-n-ends to it, such as the Surefire M73 rail, Tango Down rail covers, and GG&G front sight sling adapter.  During night ops, I add a Surefire M962.  All was well with the world, until ............

I recently traded into a Bushy M-4.  I haven't added any "goodies" to it.  I noticed a dramatic (to me) weight difference.  Took them both to the bathroom scales, there was a 1.5 lbs difference in weight between the two (8.1 vs 6.6).  

Obviously the HBAR barrel weighs more than the M4 profile barrel.  But I didn't think it was anywhere near that.  What is the weight difference between the barrels?  What is the weight of the M73 rail w/ covers?  Should both of these add up to 1.5 lbs?

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I think I just answered my own question, as well as solving my problem.   I removed most of my tacti-cool accessories, such as the Surefire M73 foreend and Tango Down rail covers, along with the spare batteries in the pistol grip, and it shed right at a pound there.  

I think what I'm going to do is get one of the small sections of Picatinny rail that mounts somewhere around the front sight housing, and use that for my light whenever needed.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:50:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I personally can live with the extra 8oz's of my HBAR. I was told also that the HBAR would be more accurate as well. Thats one of the reasons I chose it over an M4, plus I wanted to be a little different.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I can tell a HUGE Difference between my LMT M4 14.5 and my Bushmaster 14.7 hbar

I will NEVER buy a HBAR

Plus My 2 LMT M4`s Are even More Accurate than the Bushmaster Hbars
that I had
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I personally can live with the extra 8oz's of my HBAR. I was told also that the HBAR would be more accurate as well. Thats one of the reasons I chose it over an M4, plus I wanted to be a little different.

My LMT 14.5 can shoot sub moa with BH 77grsmk
Its more accurate than my 20inch Bushy Hbar and 16 inch Bushy HBAR

The heavy Metal  doesnt make it more accurate
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 11:06:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I can tell a HUGE Difference between my LMT M4 14.5 and my Bushmaster 14.7 hbar

I will NEVER buy a HBAR

Plus My 2 LMT M4`s Are even More Accurate than the Bushmaster Hbars
that I had

Concur, my RRA HBAR was a hefty sob.  Picked up an LMT 14.5 and never looked back.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top