Posted: 10/10/2007 11:07:41 AM EDT
Is 8oz single stage possible for AR15?

Newbe Thanks you,

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't help you but:

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to ARFcom and I Highly recommend the KAC Match trigger.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:10:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless you are involved in formal, monitored benchrest competition in which rounds are loaded into the chamber one at a time, I would say an 8 ounce trigger pull is too light for ANY trigger, even a bolt action rifle.  A semiautomatic rifle with an 8 oz trigger is probably unsafe.

Triggers available for an AR:

Geissele Automatics (three different versions)
Jard,
Jewell,
KAC,
RRA NM,
RRA worked over by John Holliger,
JP Enterprises,...
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is 8oz single stage possible for AR15?

Newbe Thanks you,

8oz?  That would be very dangerous.  I would suggest getting an adjusteable two stage so you can set the first stage a little heavier and the second stage very light.  I would contact Steve at ADCO since he sells several triggers including the Geiselle, which is the best one available.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Unless you are involved in formal, monitored benchrest competition in which rounds are loaded into the chamber one at a time, I would say an 8 ounce trigger pull is too light for ANY trigger, even a bolt action rifle.  A semiautomatic rifle with an 8 oz trigger is probably unsafe.

Triggers available for an AR:

Geissele Automatics (three different versions)
Jard,
Jewell,
KAC,
RRA NM,
RRA worked over by John Holliger,
JP Enterprises,...

+ a big1!

There is a guy by the name of Bill Springfield you should contact. [email protected]  He specializes in supurb AR trigger jobs for $32.00 shipped back to you. He offers a 3 1/2 to 4 lb single stage trigger job, and something lighter for extra $$$, but I can't remember how light.

An 8oz. trigger is not safe in ANY semi-auto. Bolts only, and then 1 round loaded at a time.

Tack
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks BIG BORE and others,I'm interested because the 115gr 6mm will need to be loaded one at a time.
All our shoot-off's are decided for score at 600yds, thats where a good trigger would be handy.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you keep your finger off  the trigger, its not going to go off no mattter how light it is.  

I respectfully disagree.  I have had it happen to me.  If the rifle or trigger get bumped/jostled (think about bolt closure), it is possible for the inertia (mass) of the trigger to cause the trigger to fire.  It does not require the presence a finger.

We are not legislating this.      We are not looking for the nanny state to protect us from light triggers or unsafe triggers/rifles.    

It is the voice of our experience speaking.  Your experience may be different.

It is a sobering thing to try and fire the rifle only to discover the hammer followed the bolt home upon closure.  Thoughts of slam fire, out of battery firing and KABOOM race through your head.  Then you cycle the bolt, shoot the shot and move on.  At the next line break, you increase the pull weight of your trigger.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top