Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2007 11:08:07 PM EDT
Does anybody have real experience with this? If you do, please share.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Overpriced. Rail mounted lasers provide a better platform. You could buy a high-end Laser Max system for the price of that Crimson Trace system, just my 2.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:23:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I wrote a 6-page article on them in Small Arms Review Magazine in the Vol 8 No 7 issue (April, 2005).  Here is a direct link to it in PDF format.  I hope it is helpful.

Jeff Z

LaserGrips SAR Article
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:36:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wrote a 6-page article on them in Small Arms Review Magazine in the Vol 8 No 7 issue (April, 2005).  Here is a direct link to it in PDF format.  I hope it is helpful.

Jeff Z

LaserGrips SAR Article

Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:08:58 AM EDT
[#4]
My pleasure.  I hope it was helpful.  

I have been using lasers since they were huge, heavy and not very practical.  (Does anyone remember the huge American-180 units?) The LaserGrips for the M16 is one of the few lasers I still use.  I have another one on a Govt. Model 1911.  They both work excellent and there are no wires to get caught on anything.  The battery life has been excellent and retention of zero has been excellent as well.

Another laser that just caught my eye is the new green laser from Lasermax.  I think I just may be ordering one before the day is over.  I used a green laser on a Garwood M-134G Minigun and even during the day it was easy to see.  I didn't have a red unit of equal power to check it against but it seemed to be quite a bit easier to see than most of the red ones I have used in the past.

Jeff Z
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top