Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 6:57:29 PM EDT
Hi everybody i'm new to the forums but i've been lurking around for a little while now.  I'm pretty new to the AR world, (but VERY eager to learn ALL i can) i'm Still not up to date on all the AR lingo and abrevs but i'm gettin there. Just wanted to drop in and say hello, introduce myself, and jump right into it and get your take on the Vltor MUR-1S uppers for a SPR build. (not interested in the VIS, i just don't like the way it looks) Is the plate they use to cover up the FwdAsst gap the same finish as the rest of the MUR? has anyone ever tried to get ahold of one without a FA AND deflector?(so the buisness side of the reciever is 1 piece/flat)
hen i'm a glutton for punishment and a perfectionist.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
welcome to the site

check out the tacked threads
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, and will do. I'm just forum stupid. theres so many little bubbles and words.. blah.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome aboard! I don't think that there is such a thing a financially secure enough for ARs, they can/do get expensive. Good to get a head start on an AR collection though. At least that is what I keep telling myself.

D
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#4]
haha, yeah thats for sure. So anyone familiar enough with the MURs to give any feedback?
Much appreciated guys thanks all.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a MUR without the FA. i love it(haven't shot it yet no barrel). i will get back with you when i get home on whether the finish is the same. I don't Think VLTOR will sell one sans the defelector. that would be cool though

to keep you occupied until tonite. Just realized i don't have a good picture of the FA side.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the best info center.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#7]
hey thanks very very much all. glad to be here.

Thats a GREAT lookin AR you have there! and collection!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Greetings!

It's amazing what I have learned here in about 2 months.

Worth the time to dig into the various subforums.

I was overwhelmed by it at first too.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
hey thanks very very much all. glad to be here.

Thats a GREAT lookin AR you have there! and collection!

thats only part of it i do my best on a college student budget. half my paycheck goes to school funding, 1/4 goes to gas and food and rent. the rest into guns
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#10]
here finally got home, and took a pic of the other side. The finish on the deflector looks the same as the receiver to my eyes.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#11]
welcome to the best gun site.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey alright! thanks a lot! you guys are great, thanks again for goin out of the way to help me out!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top