Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2007 10:07:42 PM EDT
I'm looking at building my first AR15 and actually my first rifle.  I am trying to decide what upper to get.  I'm looking at either the Stag 1H or 2HT.  I like the idea of the 1H for learning how to adjust for elevation and windage on a more basic platform.  I like the idea of the 2HT because I will eventually want to get a 1x scope of some sort and possibly some other goodies that would need a tactical rail.  

Hopefully someone else has had to make a similar decision.

By the way the rest of the build was going to be;
Stag Lower
RRA 2 stage trigger
Magpul grip and buttstock

Thanks for the help.

steve
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
All depends on what your intended use is.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Your options are very limited being you live in Kalifornistan.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:27:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw a California compliant AR-15 in the Bushmaster catalog.  Damn, they had to castrate that sucker really bad.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:46:29 AM EDT
[#4]
You should head over to the California HTF to learn more about what you can and cannot get in California.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:56:52 AM EDT
[#5]
$539, M4 ramps and 1:7 check out ADS.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#6]
About the CA thing, from what I've read 16" barrel minimum, bullet button mag release and 10 round mags.  All other features are open.  If I change the grip to a non-thumb wrap over grip, like the Monster Man Grip, I can use 30 round mags but no front vertical grip, flash hider.

As for the use, I plan on just going target shooting.  I also thought it would be cool to own one.

Thanks Carbinero.  Can I ask what ADS is.  Is it a retail company or a manufacturer.

steve
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
*snip*
Thanks Carbinero.  Can I ask what ADS is.  Is it a retail company or a manufacturer.

steve

ADS=Advanced Defense Systems. New ceramic coated AR's made in Phoenix. They may not be a new company, but the AR's are a new thing from them AFAIK. They're being praised on the other site.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top