Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2007 3:47:28 PM EDT
I am planning on buying my first AR this winter, a RRA Entry Tactical. I was curious as to where every one buys their 5.56/.223 ammo and how much is it and how many rounds? With the prices of ammo going through the roof, i think it would cost a fortune just to shoot it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of WV?

I buy all my ammo from the local Wal Mart. A 20rd box of Remington UMC 55grn FMJ will run you around $8.00. If your not picky about what you shoot use Wolf, it runs around $4.00 per box.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#2]
charleston, wv here. I have heard wolf is a very dirty ammo and have read lots of jamming problems with wolf?

so $40 for 100 rounds,,, not as bad as i thought. but that would go fast with a 30 round, mag, lol. gues i would get some small mags to lengthen range time, lol.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Look in the Ammunition forum for the Ammo Price List as well as a link to the other Ammo Price List.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
so $40 for 100 rounds,,, not as bad as i thought. but that would go fast with a 30 round, mag, lol. gues i would get some small mags to lengthen range time, lol.

Don't buy smaller mags, use that money for ammo.  30 round mags work with less than 30 rounds in them.Edit--- No problems using wolf here.  Dirty yes, but thats it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#5]

I have heard wolf is a very dirty ammo
It is that.

and have read lots of jamming problems with wolf?
I have about 1000rds of Wolf (and more of other manufacturers) through my AR, with no sgnif. problems from Wolf ammo.  Accuracy is a darned sight better than I was led to believe, too.
In fact, I've had better results from Wolf than from Remington UMC (both 55gr FMJ).
The only jams I've had were with some reloaded ammo, thus far.

Moral -- don't be afraid of Wolf just because of some internet posts.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top