Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2007 7:57:06 PM EDT
I am looking for opinions from people who have installed or used adjustable gas blocks on their rifles.  It sounds reasonable to me that it would be helpful. I am about to put my new freefloat tube on my Colt and since I will have it apart anyway, I wanted to know if I should make another investment before I start.  Also, is JP the only maker of adjustable gas blocks?  Thanks for the help!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a JP on a varmint rifle. The gas block is of high quality. I did not see much of a difference with the adjustable gas block as far as taming the wicked recoil of the .223 in a 15 lbs rifle. I would not spend the money on it again if given the choice. Just not worth it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 5:17:02 AM EDT
[#2]
For a competition rifle where you're running a low mass BCG - yes.  Evertything else - no.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, that just saved me some $$$!
Thanks gentlemen and have a great weekend
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top