Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/14/2007 7:40:34 PM EDT
do the m4 feed ramp cuts help any with reliability with hte m200 blank round? I've wondered this for a while. also if any one knows do the HK hi reliability mags help with blanks feeding at all?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Its not Thursday yet.
This is a technical forum. Off topic commentary (agntsa pics, this is not 'x-day', etc), inflammatory remarks, personal attacks, and thread hijacking are not permitted.

Disregarding posted rules and warnings will result in your removal from the website.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Stupidi answers run amok. Please repost the question, so I can see who to lock with the "It's not Thurs" answer.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#3]
hang on
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I have carbines with and without feedramps. They both work well. I would rather have the feedramps than not though, just to be on the precautionary side. Please forgive us on here as this is a topic that comes up very often. If you do a search and use the words "M4 feed" you will pull up about 12 threads that might have even more info in it that might be helpful. The search on here is picky sometimes and it takes propper wording so just be patient with it. I wish I could answer your question a bit better but that is all I know.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, I don't think I've ever heard anyone ask the question about blanks.

Is that the standard blank, with the crimped case neck?  My biggest problem with those was always cycling.  The best solution I came up with was to put a cigarette butt in the muzzle before attaching the firing adapter.
I would think any anti-tilt magazine would help, also.  The rounds are short, which leaves lots of slop in the magazine.  Keeping them as level as possible would have to help with reliability.  I can't say anything about the HK mags, though.  Never messed with them.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
do the m4 feed ramp cuts help any with reliability with hte m200 blank round? I've wondered this for a while. also if any one knows do the HK hi reliability mags help with blanks feeding at all?

Oh for God's sake...

People need to start being nice and start reading posts more carefully IMO. This guy is asking a question about firing blanks.

And even if it was just about feedramps, who the hell cares?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#8]

i totally agree..

you know its bad when people start asking questions and apologizing in advance for the shit storm they kno they are about to recieve

Everyone who bashes, remember you didnt kno anything about this stuff at one point.

its not a big deal guys, if you are that offended by someone asking a question, then just dont answer let somebody with a level head do it
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Actually, I don't think I've ever heard anyone ask the question about blanks.

Is that the standard blank, with the crimped case neck? My biggest problem with those was always cycling. The best solution I came up with was to put a cigarette butt in the muzzle before attaching the firing adapter.
I would think any anti-tilt magazine would help, also. The rounds are short, which leaves lots of slop in the magazine. Keeping them as level as possible would have to help with reliability. I can't say anything about the HK mags, though. Never messed with them.

I've never had problems cycling I just put a couple of drops of clp in the gas vent holes in the bolt carrier every once in a while when it starts to get fouled. that usualy helps the cyclic rate too. I just never have been issued an m4 so I didn't know if the ramps helped or not. I figured that the anti tilt follower would help but since I'm now a saw gunner I haven't tested that out yet. I have found though that if you load 30 rounds in a mag you will have more jams then if you use lets say 20 rounds. also by pushing on the back of the mag while firing most of the jams below the m16's ramps can be prevented or remedied. however the 20 rounders work best since the follower dosn't tilt. and I usualy don't like mags that are too tight to not drop free but they also seem to feed better by the fact that they don't move around as much when fireing.

I wish the US would just adopt a full length 5.56mm blank similar to what most other countries use.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#10]
i'll try to answer this: no, i dont think that m4 feedramps would help w/ feeding m200 blanks....same w/ the HK mags

the m200 was notoriously stubborn regarding reliability...

this might help: http://www.thegunzone.com/556dw-5.html

out of curiosity, "why are you trying to reliably feed m200 blanks?"
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:36:56 PM EDT
[#11]

out of curiosity, "why are you trying to reliably feed m200 blanks?"

I'M in the army and we train with blanks from time to time also I'm a reenactor too. WWII for now but I have all of my Nam stuff and want to do that next year.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:39:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I have never had problems feeding blanks in an M16A2 or A4 or an M4. Now magazines have alot to do with feeding problems but I still have not had problems unless it was a badly damaged magazine.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#13]

I have never had problems feeding blanks in an M16A2 or A4 or an M4. Now magazines have alot to do with feeding problems but I still have not had problems unless it was a badly damaged magazine.

was this with military equippment? becaseu evey where I've gone ive seen constaint problems. most people will have a hang up or two every mag. some every round and some don't at all. new mags help a little. but remeber too most of the problems I see are with full 30 round mags there are a lot less issues if you one put 20 or less rounds in a 30 rounder. and forget trying to use blanks from a mag in a 249 at all.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top