Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2007 5:44:05 PM EDT
Here's a stupid question, but I am stumped so I figured I'd turn to the pros on this website.  I want to change the compensator on my S+W M&P15A.  I borrowed a friend's DPMS Multi-Tool, but the slot that's designed to remove the compensator won't fit over the flattened sides of the factory installed compensator.  Is there something I'm missing?  I assumed the DPMS tool would work on any AR, but maybe my assumption is faulty.  Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#1]
That is odd, but if it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. Have you thought about using a standard wrench? Should be 3/4".
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:29:10 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what I plan to try next.  I'm going to take a wrench and a washcloth (so I don't scratch anything) and see if that will loosen it.  I just figured I'd ask first in case there was something I was unaware of.  Thanks for the quick reply.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:29:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Who's the manufacturer of the comp or is it a standard A2 type FH? If so I agree, the 3/4 wrench should work...the longer the wrench the better.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know who makes it, to be honest.  It's the standard factory installed comp that comes on the M&P15A.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top