Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2007 4:20:35 PM EDT
I want this zeroed at 100 meters so I could take an eyeball shot if necessary.  I was curious what the 1-9 progressive rifled polygon bore would do with the heavy bullets.
Middle is M262 issue ammunition for a just under 1  inch group.  
Bottom right is Nosler Brass, Berger 73 grain bthp driven by 25.5 grains of Varget.  4 rounds
Bottom left is Hornady 75 grain bthp Nosler brass driven by 24.5 grains of Varget. 4 rounds

The shock is the top left, 77 grain Nosler bthp with cannelure driven by 24.5 grains of Varget those 4 rounds can be covered by a dime.  And once fired LC brass was used.

All with CCI Bench rest primers, all have an OAL of 2.245.

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate you!

What's the middle group above the diamond, looks like 3 shots in around 1"?

Nice, nice shooting.  Obviously those rounds are stabilizing nicely.  Maybe the poly/GT does have some merit, even though the masses say it's a gimic...........
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Good shooting!

And whatever happens, for god's sake, NOT USE FORK!
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Do not use forks? How the hell else am I supposed to stick my target on there?!

~GnSx
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#4]
The middle target is issue m262 and it is a sub one inch.  I was really curious about the barrel how the 1-9 progressive rifleing would work and how the polygon bore would wear.  The developer is a Georgetown Medical school grad who is a constant thinker. (He had dinner with Kalishnakov last year and they talked ballistic theory all night when I was trying to look at the waitresses tits).  Hey.  
But I wondered how it would stabalize the big bullets.  Arms Tech and POF get barrels from the same folks.  Remember this is a 14.5 inch barrel and it is stabalizing the big bullet.  Now that I've settled on the load I'll get an official chrono on it when it drys out here.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top