Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 131 of 145)
Page / 145
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:56:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWZ1287] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dark_zero_x:
Anyone got some spare short panels for the ras? I got a good deal but missing the short panels.
View Quote

Shark Arms has them for $10 each shipped. I just ordered a 4 rib panel.  Needed a shorter one to fit with the sling mount.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AWZ1287:

Shark Arms has them for $10 each shipped. I just ordered a 4 rib panel.  Needed a shorter one to fit with the sling mount.
View Quote

Were at? The mobile sight is a little difficult to navigate.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:25:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Purple M5 RAS for sale on the EE.  No pic though.  

Used Kac m5 ras, $90
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Dark_zero_x:

Were at? The mobile sight is a little difficult to navigate.
View Quote

I emailed him asking if he had any, not sure if it is listed on the website.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 8:44:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:20:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AKSU:
https://i.imgur.com/tOzkGCg.jpg
View Quote

That's the exact build I'm going for. Nice gun!
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

This ones done for now. I got that purple m5, and after digging through the parts bin I got another upper, barrel nut slip ring so why not make a ratty a4?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:05:39 PM EDT
[#8]
EOTW Rifle for me

Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:08:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wfjames22] [#9]
I’ve been wanting a musket for years and stumbled upon this suitable facsimile in a lgs a couple weeks ago. I debated with myself until this past Tuesday and decided that if it was still there that I was going to make it mine. The price tag had a handwritten “7/17” on it and I asked if that meant that they received that rifle in July 2017.  The sales guy said that they got her in 2014, post sandy hook when they were buying any ar they could get their hands on. I knew muskets weren’t generally popular but being on the rack for 6yrs was surprising. She’s impressively clean for that long on the store rack, I reckon not many people wanted to even fondle her. She’ll have a good home here.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By wfjames22:
I’ve been wanting a musket for years and stumbled upon this suitable facsimile in a lgs a couple weeks ago. I debated with myself until this past Tuesday and decided that if it was still there that I was going to make it mine. The price tag had a handwritten “7/17” on it and I asked if that meant that they received that rifle in July 2017.  The sales guy said that they got her in 2014, post sandy hook when they were buying any ar they could get their hands on. I knew muskets weren’t generally popular but being on the rack for 6yrs was surprising. She’s impressively clean for that long on the store rack, I reckon not many people wanted to even fondle her. She’ll have a good home here.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/199752/FDAF7BA4-355A-4276-B764-DF803A8158E2_jpe-1714065.JPG
View Quote

Looks awesome w/ the straight PMAG 20.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:44:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:

Looks awesome w/ the straight PMAG 20.
View Quote

Thanks and I agree.

I’m thinking about getting an acog to use on it sometimes but I don’t have any idea which one to get. I’m not necessarily worried about clone specific optics, just functionality. Anyone care to make a suggestion?
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:20:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#12]
TA31F is fine for them as thats ome
the ta31RCO was after.

the F can be had from $750-850 used,even ebay has legit ones sometimes cheaper.
i have an F. i love it. i can shoot to 900yds with mine :)

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Decided to spend my A4 money elsewhere so my P&S M5 is up on the EE if anyone's looking for one.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:31:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWZ1287] [#15]
Originally Posted By officerX:
ACOGs back in stock!

TRIJICON ACOG RCO 4X32 RED CHV M16A4, $1,106.54
View Quote

Have you ordered from them before? Are they gtg?
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Yes, several times.  Always GTG for me.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Lanbo's has always been good to go for me.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 12:22:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Spacejunk:

Lanbo's has always been good to go for me.
View Quote

Damn! Out of stock already. How did they even have?
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 12:24:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Tengo1:

View Quote

I quickly purchased mine after receiving the IN STOCK email so I didn't see how many they had at that time.  A couple hours later I checked back and noticed they still had 1.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 11:10:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AWZ1287] [#20]
Originally Posted By Tengo1:

View Quote

Yeah they sold out fast, I went back online later in the evening  to order one and they were gone.

They must of only had a couple.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 11:27:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AWZ1287] [#21]
I called trijicon and they said that acog production is currently 22 weeks from when the retailer placed their order.
They are made to order, not just released in batches.

Not sure if retailers would share the information on when they placed the orders.

Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Another in stock alert from a different site.  I've never dealt with this place before.

Trijicon ACOG BAC 4x 32mm Rifle Scope | TA31RCO-A4CP $1,169.84
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#23]
How to identify a USGI FN M16A4 stock?

Any way to tell? Markings? Components?

I have a stock with a grey color, very shiny black receiver extension, shiny black screws and sling swivel (blued?), plastic butt parts that doesn't open quite right. Supposed to be an FN stock but I'm questioning it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 11:56:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#24]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

I have a stock with a grey color, very shiny black receiver extension, shiny black screws and sling swivel (blued?), plastic butt parts that doesn't open quite right. Supposed to be an FN stock but I'm questioning it.
View Quote

The shiny black swivel and screws and non dry lube coated (externally) receiver extension are a dead giveaway that it's at the very least NOT a mil-spec A2 stock... A commercial FN stock??? Possibly, but I doubt it.

Mil-spec A2 stock screws and sling swivels are phosphate finished. And the screws should have a red Nylok patch (top screw) and a yellow Nylok patch (bottom screw).

But just because the receiver extension is black with no gray dry lube doesn't mean the RE isn't mil-spec... It's possible that someone could have just washed the dry lube off with brake cleaner or something.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 2:08:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWZ1287] [#25]
Just got a email from kenzie's optics saying my order is now complete. The tracking number isn't working yet.

They haven't updated the website, saying in stock, but if you need one it is probably a good idea to keep checking.

https://www.kenziesoptics.com/product/trijicon-acog-rco-4x32mm-red-chevron-reticle-ta31rco-a4cp/
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 2:09:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWZ1287] [#26]
Double tap
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

The shiny black swivel and screws and non dry lube coated (externally) receiver extension are a dead giveaway that it's at the very least NOT a mil-spec A2 stock... A commercial FN stock??? Possibly, but I doubt it.

Mil-spec A2 stock screws and sling swivels are phosphate finished. And the screws should have a red Nylok patch (top screw) and a yellow Nylok patch (bottom screw).

But just because the receiver extension is black with no gray dry lube doesn't mean the RE isn't mil-spec... It's possible that someone could have just washed the dry lube off with brake cleaner or something.
View Quote

Pretty sure this is commercial then, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Got tons of these and yet, every time I see another one, I just drool.

So just damn good.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

View Quote

From what I understand, the grey RE are forged and shiny black ones are extruded.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Got my ta31rco-a4 from kenzie's today!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Looking through my new acog the reticle seems blurry. Is there a focus adjustment?
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Looking through my new acog the reticle seems blurry. Is there a focus adjustment?
View Quote

Glasses, contacts, or lasik.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Knightzone:

Glasses, contacts, or lasik.
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#35]

No
View Quote

Make sure your in the eyebox, if good tape over part of the fiber.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:45:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AWZ1287] [#36]
I just tried looking out the window into the distance and the reticle was clear.
I think the problem was that last night I was looking across the room and it was to close.

Looking at closer objects, the object is in focus and the reticle is out of focus.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Where is everyone mounting their acog. The last slot, or a couple of slots forward.

Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Where is everyone mounting their acog. The last slot, or a couple of slots forward.

View Quote

As far back as you can.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

We were taught to mount it so that when you get a consistent cheek weld, you can see the full field of vision of the optic without any black "scope shadow" around it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 5:17:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Artigas:

We were taught to mount it so that when you get a consistent cheek weld, you can see the full field of vision of the optic without any black "scope shadow" around it.
View Quote

Were you in the Marines?
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#41]
I have an old Armalite A4 upper that I've dug out of the archives and would like to make into an A4 clone, and was about to pull the trigger on a set of M5 handguards.  The KAC site warns about bigger profile barrels not fitting without mods, so I pulled the handguards, and it looks like an HBAR under there.

Is this going to be a problem with the M5?  In front of the FSB, it's 0.72"; behind the FSB it's 0.87" all the way back until it flares before the barrel nut.  I'm doing this on a bit of a budget, using parts from the spares boxes, and would rather not get into a new barrel if this one will work.

This is a California gun, and I've had to pull the flash hider to make it featureless, so if anyone has a suggestion for a brake that wouldn't look too out of place, that would be great.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 10:08:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By maxicon:
I have an old Armalite A4 upper that I've dug out of the archives and would like to make into an A4 clone, and was about to pull the trigger on a set of M5 handguards.  The KAC site warns about bigger profile barrels not fitting without mods, so I pulled the handguards, and it looks like an HBAR under there.

Is this going to be a problem with the M5?  In front of the FSB, it's 0.72"; behind the FSB it's 0.87" all the way back until it flares before the barrel nut.  I'm doing this on a bit of a budget, using parts from the spares boxes, and would rather not get into a new barrel if this one will work.

https://maxicon.com/guns/ar/Armalite_A4_no-handguards_01a.JPG
https://maxicon.com/guns/ar/Armalite_A4_no-handguards_02a.JPG

This is a California gun, and I've had to pull the flash hider to make it featureless, so if anyone has a suggestion for a brake that wouldn't look too out of place, that would be great.
View Quote

https://www.aimsportsinc.com/a2-muzzle-brake-5-56-cal/
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:42:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AWZ1287] [#43]
Found a guy selling larue military mounts on ebay.

Do these seem legit? Only reason I'm questioning it is, he lists it as More than 10 available. Aren't they kind of hard to find, for him to aquire a bunch of them.

Larue LT799
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:10:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#44]
Found a guy selling larue military mounts on ebay.

Do these seem legit? Only reason I'm questioning it is, he lists it as More than 10 available. Aren't they kind of hard to find, for him to aquire a bunch of them.

Larue LT799
View Quote

To my untrained eye, they do look legit.  He’s been selling KAC rears too and has good feedback.  His 1 negative is bogus.  If you buy and determine it’s fake you should be covered by PayPal.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#45]

To my untrained eye, they do look legit.  He’s been selling KAC rears too and has good feedback.  His 1 negative is bogus.  If you buy and determine it’s fake you should be covered by PayPal.
View Quote

Yeah, I will order one.
His other current listings are more acog mounts. He must of bought a surplus lot or something.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

That looks perfect.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By maxicon:

https://maxicon.com/guns/ar/Armalite_A4_no-handguards_01a.JPG
https://maxicon.com/guns/ar/Armalite_A4_no-handguards_02a.JPG

View Quote

It was designed to fit barrels that are .845" behind the FSB.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#48]
For those of you looking for the horseshoe style ACOG that I believe is on the latest A4's, this place has them back in stock. This is the ACOG that I have on my build.

Trijicon ACOG 4x32 BAC (RCO) Horseshoe Dot Reticle USMC A4/M4 W/ Thumbscrew Mount (TA51)

Link Posted: 12/17/2020 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By jrpett:
For those of you looking for the horseshoe style ACOG that I believe is on the latest A4's, this place has them back in stock. This is the ACOG that I have on my build.

Trijicon ACOG 4x32 BAC (RCO) Horseshoe Dot Reticle USMC A4/M4 W/ Thumbscrew Mount (TA51)

View Quote

FYI, the BDC on these is 1/2 way between M4 and M16A1.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By jrpett:

View Quote

G&R is good people!
Page / 145
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 131 of 145)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top