Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/18/2007 6:23:30 PM EDT
So, I just got my new upper today and tried to put the BCG in it and the gas tub and gas key do not line up?  When I ordered the BCG, I was sent two by accident.  I tried the second and got the same results.  I pulled the BCG out of my RRA and it fit fine?  WTF?  
I am going to call the retailer(very well known) where I got the BCG  tomorrow, but any thoughts in the mean time?

The upper is SD 20" on a CMT with a Samson rail.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like your gas tube is out of alignment.  

The barrel nut probably was giving the installer a hard time lining up properly.

As for why your RRA BCG works.........
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the gas tube alignment. It should be straight down the upper, which you should be able to see when the bolt / carrier is removed. As the cam pin and gas key both ride in a slot in the upper, it is basically impossible for them to be out of line with the tube unless the tube is not straight.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I am switching the old BCG from the old RRA to the new upper because it fits.  I am putting the new BCG in the old RRA upper because it fits.  I will funtion test them next time I go to the range, but I still don't feel good about all parts not fitting both guns!

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top