Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2007 12:33:48 PM EDT
I know Brownells carries this stuff, but what I want to know is, has any one used it? Also what kind of results did yall get. Not doing the receivers or anything, only the furniture.
Info, results, and pics of results would be appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 12:37:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been using it for years and it's good stuff.  Very tough and solvent resistant, but you need to be sure of two things:

1.  The surface is thoroughly clean and degreased.
2.  Allow several days for the finish to cure.

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I did a AK kit with Dark Park and it has held up very well. Just be sure to follow the instruction about light coats and let it dry really well.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o32/Matt_Mc99/100_0713.jpg
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm... what about mags? does it hold still from rubbing the mag well?
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#4]
That area will show wear fairly quickly...but then, no spray-on finish will hold up for long in that area.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That area will show wear fairly quickly...but then, no spray-on finish will hold up for long in that area.

I may just stick with black mag pul pmags then. I planning on either doing the furniture plus a few receiver parts (ie latches, buttons, switches, and maybe ejection port cover) OR doing the upper and lower receivers. Dont know how well itll work or if I need to try to find unfinished upper, lower, barrel...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top