Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/14/2007 9:03:53 PM EDT
I cant settle on one type of AR, so Ill build 2 to start.

I want a tactical carbine with an eotech, as well as a secondary scoped tack-driver.  I plan on starting with STAG or Double Star lowers.

Budget for each is flexible but Id like to stay reasonable.  Has to be postban legal since Im in NJ.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude

I gotta ask, "NICS denial finally reversed".
Whats the deal there?

To answer your question, I'd do a 16" flat top and a 20" A2, just because.

Bill
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
Dude

Whats the deal there?

Bill

Ah - not too much drama on the NICS denial other than some potentially "prohibitive" record was coming up as a hit under my name.  When the NICS check was run at the store, it wouldnt clear and was sent for further research.  It was later denied.  I filed necessary challenge forms and it was determined I wasnt prohibited from purchasing.  Hooray.It was definitely not a great feeling to have getting delayed, then later denied.  I felt dirty and wanted to take a shower.  haha.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:43:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dude

Whats the deal there?

Bill

Ah - not too much drama on the NICS denial other than some potentially "prohibitive" record was coming up as a hit under my name.  When the NICS check was run at the store, it wouldnt clear and was sent for further research.  It was later denied.  I filed necessary challenge forms and it was determined I wasnt prohibited from purchasing.  Hooray.

It was definitely not a great feeling to have getting delayed, then later denied.  I felt dirty and wanted to take a shower.  haha.

Any more info on the procedure? I went through hell with ID theft, and haven't bought a weapon since... I have been so worried about doing it that I keep putting it off. When I got my CPL, I was flagged, but provided the paperwork to get the permit and was approved... PD and DMV said I was always going to have problems because of it though...
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 1:45:02 AM EDT
[#4]
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7207/tomspictures313cr2.jpg

Here is a post ban compliant rifle, 14.5 with pinned Izzy brake,no bayonet lug, Ace fixed stock, C-products 30 round mag blocked to 15 rounds...
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:56:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I want a tactical carbine with an eotech, as well as a secondary scoped tack-driver.  I plan on starting with STAG or Double Star lowers.

ah yes, the "one KISS, one RECCE" solution... a fan of it myself:

see also
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=330603

Quoted:
Budget for each is flexible but Id like to stay reasonable.  

that's pretty funny right there.

seriously though, take your time, and do a lot of reading here PRIOR to spending money.  nothing pains the crowd here more than reading, "I just bought a cheap brand X lower and got a brand Y scope off of Ebay -- How'd I do?"

again, take your time.  buy once, buy right.  

Quoted:
Has to be postban legal since Im in the Republic of NJ.

15 round mags.  no flash hider.  no bayo lug.  no collapsible stock. i recommend that you either leave the end of the barrel blunt, or put a DNTC brake on it.  i have both setups.  

ar-jedi

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top