Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2007 10:23:01 AM EDT
I was just recently reading an Article in one of the Gun mags about the Sig Equinox. The person doing the review made some comments on night sites which I thought were interesting. Basically he said that the majority of criminals act at night and it makes sense to have your gun fitted with night sights (Not exact words of course). I have been thinking about this in terms of putting them on the BUIS of my AR. I know trijicon makes them, but wondering how many on here have them and if they think it's important enough.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:23:50 AM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Trijicons on 3 ARs , in carry handle , fixed front base, and flip ups.

They work great.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Surefire.

Identify your target before you shoot.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 1:13:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Surefire.

Identify your target before you shoot.

Agreed , night sights , AND a Surefire.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm probably going to order a pair from trijicon with the yellow on the rear and green front. The only thing that sucks is I will have to change my rear site as my ARMS 40L won't accept it. I'm thinking about the Troy Flip up. Will this accept the trijicon rear site?
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Night sights only allow you to see your sights. You need a white light to identify the threat.

RLTW
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I already have a light. I have a streamlight attached. Would love to get one of the Surefires, but I like the compact size of the streamlight.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm probably going to order a pair from trijicon with the yellow on the rear and green front. The only thing that sucks is I will have to change my rear site as my ARMS 40L won't accept it. I'm thinking about the Troy Flip up. Will this accept the trijicon rear site?

No
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:41:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I would take a CTC laser grip over night sights for a pistol.

The illuminated optics for rifles are likewise more important than the irons having tritium.  

I dont use NS on my BUIS because it requires a differen aiming style which I am not prepared to practice with to maintain proficiencyat ranges over 25 yards. This is not the case with a pistol which is used inside 25 yards.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Rear night sights on rifles are silly. A front post with a dot in it can be effective, if the dot is big enough. Aimpoints/EOTechs make it a moot point.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Night sights only allow you to see your sights. You need a white light to identify the threat.

RLTW

+1
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top