BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2007 6:27:57 PM EDT
Hi there!

HK 416
I don't know much about the AR/M4 history, but I was wondering why people keeps this system when other systems like HK 416 works better?

Something to do with foreign manufacturers, or political issues?

License to Manufacturer
What does it take to get a manufacturer license for small arms like AR15 systems in U.S. for export as well as domestical use?

Thank you all in advance!

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#1]

but I was wondering why people keeps this system when other systems like HK 416 works better?

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:20:55 PM EDT
[#2]
You do not neccesarily need a "license" to manufacture semi-auto weapons. There are FET (special taxes) involved, but that's about it....It would be a (gun shop) business like any other, except you would be selling what you make.

Now, if you wanted to make full-auto toys, it would be a different story.

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:25:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't know much about the AR/M4 history, but I was wondering why people keeps this system when other systems like HK 416 works better?

Nothing wrong with DI. It's not broke - stop trying to "fix" it!
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You do not neccesarily need a "license" to manufacture semi-auto weapons. There are FET (special taxes) involved, but that's about it....It would be a (gun shop) business like any other, except you would be selling what you make.

Now, if you wanted to make full-auto toys, it would be a different story.

Wrong.

Here.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 12:58:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Why don't you get a 416 and tell us.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:11:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Hi welcome. I would read a lot more on the Ar/M4 Its been in service and front line use of almost 50 years. The 416 is nice but untested in the real world. As far as manufactreing one. It all comes down to money. The tooling and geting the licence from HK to mfg. There rifle plus the neccary paper work from the tresurey dept. Personaly I would keep reading. The Ar might suprise you!
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:32:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Jibrail, I noticed your location is "DNK"....Denmark?

Welcome!

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:54:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hi there!

HK 416

Something to do with foreign manufacturers, or political issues?

License to Manufacturer
What does it take to get a manufacturer license for small arms like AR15 systems in U.S. for export as well as domestical use?

Thank you all in advance!

There is considerable debate whether the 416 technology is 'better'

Hk has done a pretty good job of convincing users at every level that it is. Hell, people are already starting to repeat the premise as if it were fact.

as for a manufacturing licence....... that isn't that difficult. Predicting the next generation of rifles is.

You will have to excuse our manners here, Jibrail. It is just that this topic has been hashed over a lot lately and there aren't many who haven't already formed their  opinion.

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:56:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Well thank you all for your inputs!

It's OK with your manners in here!

I didn't know that hte HK 416 wasn't tested in real life situation, but why are "they"(could be internet nonsense??) saying that some special force are using it already?  

Anyway I saw this test on Discovery Channel and it passed both the water and sand burrial test and 180degree rotating fire with success, that is why I asked to start with, because it looks like it works very well! But maybe it is how things are advertized! hisWhat kind of brands are considered as the HIGH QUALITY end for AR15 systems today?

What I know there is:
RRA (How good is this compared to Bushmaster)
Bushmaster (This brand must be like a pair of Jeans! Everyone got one!)
Sabre Defense
POF (How great is this one?)
Lewis Machine and Tool MRP (I've heard this one should be amazing, and ROCK SOLID?!)

And thank you all for welcoming me!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top