Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/20/2007 12:10:23 PM EDT
I am trying to find the most versatile and rugged sight system for my future AR. I do not want folding sights. I like the A2 sight adjustment and the inherent ruggedness of a fixed sight. However, I will be adding some kind of optic sometime down the road. Which would allow me the greatest latitude in adding optics, the RRA Tactical Carrying Handle, the LMT Cut Carrying Handle, or a regular detachable carrying handle? I really like the design of the RRA Tactical, but don't know how practical they are.

Also, if I got a RRA Tactical, could I put a low power scope on it with see through rings and be able to use the Irons as well as not have to have a "chin weld" to see through the scope?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 1:47:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like my LMT BUIS, it's a good option of you want to cowitness with an optic, but don't like flip sights.  Here's mine with a EOTech 511 on a Larue riser.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Forget the RRA Tac Handle.  I am not bashing RRA, I Love RRA products but mounting optics on the tac handle just doesn't give you any options for optics.

Use the A2 handle if you want the handle but your kinda screwed for cowitnessing the optics and irons.

Use the LMT BUIS since you like the A2 adjustments.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#3]
LMT or Larue Rear BUIS are the best.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]
From what you're describing, LMT would be your best option.

Oh, and Flyboy . . . what's that finger doing there?  

E-95
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
From what you're describing, LMT would be your best option.

Oh, and Flyboy . . . what's that finger doing there?  

E-95

Had to take a quick pic with my non-shooting hand which would explain the "foul up"... it wasn't loaded, and I'm not at the range...  Lets just say i'm practicing my trigger pull.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top