Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2007 10:19:56 AM EDT
I don't know if I got a decent deal or not but I just purchased a Bushmaster XM15-E2S
The barrel is marked B MP 5.56 to 1:9 H BAR and it has a bayonet lug.
It is a Flatop A3 with a removable carrying handle. It has full length handgaurds and an A2 buttstock and Pistol grip in Mossy Oak.
The barrel seems long so it may be a 20 I dunno for sure.

One problem, they forgot to give me the key to the child lock!
I'm trying to figure a way to get it off w/o forcing it. I have some photos but no host yet.

I hope I didn't get burned on the price at 940.00 with 2 boxes of FMJ 55s.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#1]
You did not get burned.....that is a very resonable price for the A3 hbar.

Now GET THAT CHILD LOCK OFF.......bolt cutters?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool And welcome to the club! Do you have any kids? Best way to keep them safe around firearms. Is to teach them to respect them. Invlove them at an early age. The NRA Edie eagale program has saved way more kid's than Sara brade has killed with ignorance. But enjoy your toy. Dont forget Mag's, Mag's and mor Mag's plus a crap load of ammo!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#3]
JD42,
Yes I have kids 16 and 12, and am a former Marine STA Platoon member.
I am well aware of the child locks and safety around anyone , especially kids, thats why I prefer both a gun safe and my own locks, not the commercial child locks.

It has 2 pin holes on 1 side that I have tried everything I can think of to use in them, and it refuses to rotate.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:54:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Dremel a notch and use a screw driver.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Shoot it with a pistola baby!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe I know the cheap trigger lock you're referring to.  Is it two halves of plastic going around the trigger and a metal screw on one side going through to the other, and on the head of the screw, there are two holes?  If so, you may just be able to push the spring loaded detent in on the trigger guard, rotate the trigger guard down and slide the lock off.  If that doesn't work, try asking around at local gun stores and wal-mart, etc.  They may be able to furnish you an extra key.  You may also want to try taking a small piece of wood and hammering two properly spaced finishing nails through it.  I tried finding pics of the lock but failed to.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Russ you are correct that is the lock. I will be going by the store tomorrow anyway to pick up some more of the cheap 55gr they called Monarch I believe. I will get the key then, I just called them.
Man I must be getting old, I don't remember my M16A1 or my A2 being this heavy!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top