Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2007 12:34:25 AM EDT
I've been out of touch for some time about the EBR, but I've had my heart set on a Colt AR-15 A3 for a while now.  I can't find one anywhere.  I've found sites that are taking orders but they aren't guaranteeing anything.  I've also heard Colt has a problem with selling the A3 to civilians.  What's up?
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 1:58:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've been out of touch for some time about the EBR, but I've had my heart set on a Colt AR-15 A3 for a while now.  I can't find one anywhere.  I've found sites that are taking orders but they aren't guaranteeing anything.  I've also heard Colt has a problem with selling the A3 to civilians.  What's up?

1st- Colt does not have a problem selling the A3 to civilians. They sell to dealers and distributors who sell them to any law abiding citizen who is otherwise qualified to purchase a firearm. (whoever said that is a moron mistaken)

2nd - I have seen a few for sale here. They are the model 6721 and they have shown up for $1,150 - $1,400.

Look around (here) and check the Colt board, Equipment Exchange, etc.

Heck, try "Colt 6721 for sale" in a Google Search. I did and found a few

also:

knesekguns.com

police supply - santa rosa beach, fla

Clyde Armory - Athens Ga

all have web sites

good luck
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

What's up?

"What's up" is a massive deployment of US military forces.  As I pointed out in this thread last week, Colt currently has at least six active contracts with the DoD for AR-15 type weapons and parts.  I hope you'll forgive them if they place priority on this over your A3.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:33:24 PM EDT
[#3]
BattleRife:  I guess I didn't explain myself.  I was told in a conversation a few day's ago Colt didn't WANT to sell the A3 to civilians.  I'm an vet and especially believe our guys come first and foremost above all else, but I was led to believe that Colt just didn't want to sell to civies.

As for a "massive deployment", If what is happening in Iraq and Afghanistan is considered massive to Colt we are in bigger trouble than I thought.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Ever look on gunbroker?

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 7:33:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
BattleRife:  I guess I didn't explain myself.  I was told in a conversation a few day's ago Colt didn't WANT to sell the A3 to civilians.  I'm an vet and especially believe our guys come first and foremost above all else, but I was led to believe that Colt just didn't want to sell to civies.

As for a "massive deployment", If what is happening in Iraq and Afghanistan is considered massive to Colt we are in bigger trouble than I thought.

They don't seem to be in a hurry to sell us anything, but if you want it, it's out there for you to purchase.

http://www.specializedarmament.com/catalog/Law_Enforcment-6-0.html
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Since there is such a low demand for Colt rifles among knowledgable shooters, dealers usually don't stock them.  Those who know don't buy Colt...
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Since there is such a low demand for Colt rifles among knowledgable shooters, dealers usually don't stock them.  Those who know don't buy Colt...

You know what that will start.....
Tsk Tsk....
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I am at a loss as to why this subject keeps coming up.  Once again, Colt is very happy with their big volume military and law enforcement sales.  Colt has very little or no interest in the civilian market, period, end of story.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#9]
New Colt ARs bought in the past few years. 4 6920s, 3 6721s, 2 6520s, 2 6450s, easy as driving down to the local fun store. So whats this I hear about Colt not selling to us mere peons? Sold a couple when I got into M1As and needed cash but they are for sale thru the same dealer that the LEO side uses. The vast majority of production go to military use unlike the other maunfacturers who don't have multiple multimillion dollar contracts with the US Govt.

FWIW, if Bushy or any other maker got multiple multi-million dollar contracts with the Govt they would dry up on the civi market also as the Gov always wants theirs first.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:11:04 AM EDT
[#10]
There are usually between 4 and 6 pages of Colts on Gunbroker and almost half of them are current production.

Any better gunshop should have current production Colts in stock.

I can walk into Cabelas and they have LE Colt carbines and they aren't even a military rifle oriented store.

Fidelis
Knsenk
SAW
Clydes
KY Imports

All have Colts and are just a phone call or email away.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know what that will start.....
Tsk Tsk....

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#12]
The only people who seem to have trouble finding a colt are the people who want to have trouble.  I found one when I wanted it...just look around and don't whine.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#13]
The reasons I want to go with Colt is I'm familiar with Colt.  I carried Colt for 6 years.  And I don't want to go to school to learn Bushmaster's line up.  I want an AR-15 A3 absolutely identical to the Colt's A3  I don't want to put the damn thing together myself, I don't care about chrome barrel this or Carbon that, lower or upper, muzzle brakes, flash suppressors, hand guards, pistol grips, or butt stocks.  I want a AR15A3.  Look at Bushy's site!  A hundred parts and no whole guns!  Go to Colt click a button and it say's AR15A3, and it has a picture of a WHOLE gun!

Daaam!  Tough crowd!  I'm going back to Team where I belong.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Is that a fact?
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I hope you are joking. If not this could be one of the worst posts ever. Where do you get your info-let me guess, the guys that sit around the gun shop all day and talk about the one RRA, they have in stock. No disrespect to RRA, but come on, no one wants a Colt, that is insane.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#16]
it seems to be the other way around.  There is, from what I see, a pretty decent demand for colt rifles, and a small supply.   If there was such a low demand for colt rifles, then you wouldn't have that hard of a time finding one, and for much less than what they are currently going for.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Just buy a 6721 -  it is marked AR-15A3 Tactical Carbine.

You might not be able to find one at the local gun shop,
but will have no problem finding one somewhere and have it sent to your local gun shop.

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#18]
b/c colt doesnt like civis
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope you are joking. If not this could be one of the worst posts ever. Where do you get your info-let me guess, the guys that sit around the gun shop all day and talk about the one RRA, they have in stock. No disrespect to RRA, but come on, no one wants a Colt, that is insane.

For AR stocking dealers some of us don't want the hassle. Sure, I can go through a LE/MIL wholesaler and wait 6-8 months and then get Colt that sells for $200-$500 more than a Stag or a Bushy. Or I can order Stags or Bushmasters or Armalites and have them in within 2 days.
This is exactly the same reason why some dealers don't stock RRA. 6-8 weeks is too long. And it's been that way for way too long. You'd think that they would eventually expand. If the AR business is doing anything it's expanding, look at all the new makers and models in the past two years.
No offense quality wise to Colt or RRA, they are both excellent weapons. Most small shops just don't have the time or patience to deal with the major delays. I'm glad that Colt is still selling to civvies through LE/MIL wholesalers, because if people are willing to wait on the long wait and low demand [I'm of course talking of ORDERING one as opposed to buying an existing unit off the shelf] then they deserve to get what they want to buy. Buy what you want.

[\end rant]
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:15:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The reasons I want to go with Colt is I'm familiar with Colt.  I carried Colt for 6 years.  And I don't want to go to school to learn Bushmaster's line up.  I want an AR-15 A3 absolutely identical to the Colt's A3  I don't want to put the damn thing together myself, I don't care about chrome barrel this or Carbon that, lower or upper, muzzle brakes, flash suppressors, hand guards, pistol grips, or butt stocks.  I want a AR15A3.  Look at Bushy's site!  A hundred parts and no whole guns!  Go to Colt click a button and it say's AR15A3, and it has a picture of a WHOLE gun!

Daaam!  Tough crowd!  I'm going back to Team where I belong.

No offense but 10secs on Bushmasters site....

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/bcwa3f14m4iz.asp

or

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/bcwa3f16m4.asp

or

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/bcwa3f16sl.asp
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 2:09:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Yes, but the Bushmaster M4-style carbine is not a Colt. It may look similar, but the devil is in the details. The $200-300 premium for the Colt is very well worth it, unless the carbine is to be employed strictly as a range/plinking gun. In that case, there are cheaper options than the Bushmaster...

Brewer
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 2:22:17 AM EDT
[#22]
I have a bunch of Colts, I have a bunch of CMMGs.

Quality and accuracy they are equal in every way. They are the perfect ar 15s imo, ymmv.

I can't say that for bushmaster, dpms, or rra. I sold them quickly.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 4:32:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Rustyone,

Where in Missouri are you located ? If you are around St. Louis check out Mid America Arms as thy had a "New" 6520 ? and "Pre-Owned" 6530 ? on the wall last week.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:06:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Rustyone,

Where in Missouri are you located ? If you are around St. Louis check out Mid America Arms as thy had a "New" 6520 ? and "Pre-Owned" 6530 ? on the wall last week.

Actually bigalcar mid america arms is about 4 miles from me.  I'm ordering a Sig 229 from him next month.  I'll have to wait for the wife to get over that before I sneak in the AR about 6 months from.

You don't happen to know what he was asking for the 6520 by any chance?
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Store I got my 6520 had at least another 6 colts there.
I wanted that 9mm carbine bad
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top