BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/7/2007 9:05:11 PM EDT
Guns & Ammo Ar edition lists THE MAJOR PLAYERS of the AR industry and does not even mention the best AR manufacturer around  COLT. That says alot about the lack of truth and the amount of bias the magazine shows to its advertisers. How could you ever believe the gun tests they run.Sounds alot like the liberal bias media.WTF
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Is Guns and Ammo marketing to civilians?

Yes?

Why mention Colt then?

- BG
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:10:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not quite making the connection between Guns & Ammo and the Liberal media...
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is Guns and Ammo marketing to civilians?

Yes?

Why mention Colt then?

- BG

Which basically points out what just about anyone grasps upon reading almost any gun magazine - they're not reporting; they're advertising.
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Guns & Ammo Ar edition lists THE MAJOR PLAYERS of the AR industry and does not even mention the best AR manufacturer around  COLT. That says alot about the lack of truth and the amount of bias the magazine shows to its advertisers. How could you ever believe the gun tests they run.Sounds alot like the liberal bias media.WTF

Maybe the guys at G&A don't like .gov ass kissers like Colt
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#5]
It means you can't believe what you read in G&A or the news papers.
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#6]
curt243 Its not my fault you can't afford a Colt-I understand.
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Colt wants to be shitasses about who they sell ARs to so why the fuck should they get free publicity from G&A?

Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Is Colt really worth the money?
Why not just go with LMT or CMMG?
Or do you just take pride in knowing that you spent $1300 on an AR that should only cost $1100 (or less)?
You're paying for the name, that's all.
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Episode 32467 of the Kool-Aid wars...
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Who died and crowned you the head smart ass? FYI I own 1 colt, its a gov. carbine and its a Preban. That is the only one I will own because it was the first AR I ever bought and like you, a uninformed Colt cool aid drinker when I bought it. Now that I know better, there are much better choices because of quailty. But its Ok Colty baby sip the cool aid slowly
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:39:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I believe the government spares no expense in equiping our military-supplying them with the best and most throughly tested rifles available-how can you argue w/that?
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I believe the government spares no expense in equiping our military-supplying them with the best and most throughly tested rifles available-how can ou argue w/that?

I believe your cool aid was spiked, you need to type less and read more.
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Doesn't the mil use Bushmaster too?
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:46:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd rather have a CMMG before a COLT, even if funding wasn't a problem. The only kool thing about COLT is saying you have a COLT and getting some fellatio from fellow COLT owners.
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Who is the largest builder of M/AR Style Rifles and carbines?

The others don't even come close.

G&A has sucked ass for years. They are ALL about advertising, nothing more, nothing less.

I will give some credit to American HG and Guns, they are not quite as blatant.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I believe the government spares no expense in equiping our military-supplying them with the best and most throughly tested rifles available-how can you argue w/that?

No, no, really. What I meant was:
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#17]
curt 243-I think cool aide is spelled koolaide-you oregon folks is smart
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

And "equipping" is spelled with two p's. Nice try though.

ETA
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Can't we all just get along??
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Its comical isnt it...lol... I read everyone.
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Leave it up to the site here to find the bad in everything and then argue about it.

American Rifleman and G&A have both had ARs in their recent issues.  I take that as a major indicator that the "fuddness" of the mags and their reader base is diminishing.  BTW I am a big time hunter with some fudd type guns, but I do love all the black guns too.  Got a fudd side and a fun side which tend to cross when it comes to dealing death on hogs (my nemisis).

It also helps to make the EBR more mainstream.  The more people who are interested in firearms and get hooked on the EBR because of more press about them, the better we all stand in the gun rights fight.  

I had many friends and hunting associates that never would have purchased an AR because they knew nothing about them.  Once introduced to the crack-like addiction, they have purchased their own EBR's.

Yes the mags are big time ass kissers about any firearm they write about, but lets try to look on the positive side for once.
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Hell, so he can't spell......he CAN have both a pistol grip and a 30 round mag though...

.....and a suppressor, and a machinegun, and a flash-hider, and a .50 cal...........
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Soooo......nobody ever told you that the gov. buy from the lowest bidder?
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 12:29:16 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Have you ever been in the .mil? Your post leads me to believe that's a a negative.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 12:39:09 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell, so he can't spell......he CAN have both a pistol grip and a 30 round mag though...

.....and a suppressor, and a machinegun, and a flash-hider, and a .50 cal...........

owned.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 12:45:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

owned.

+1  

Oregon for the WIN!

Link Posted: 4/8/2007 2:44:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Who cares if Colt was mentioned or not......are there any good pics? Any “nice” full size LaRue ads?  
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 2:53:26 AM EDT
[#28]
I was disappointed in the article for different reasons. Either way, calm down and stop making ridiculous statements. They didn't include Colt--it's not like they put a hit out on you.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 3:00:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, no, really. What I meant was:

It's funny, 'cause it's true.

BTW,

Troll cleanup on Isle 4.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 4:22:11 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Begun the Kool-Aid wars have.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 5:55:22 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who died and crowned you the head smart ass? FYI I own 1 colt, its a gov. carbine and its a Preban. That is the only one I will own because it was the first AR I ever bought and like you, a uninformed Colt cool aid drinker when I bought it. Now that I know better, there are much better choices because of quailty. But its Ok Colty baby sip the cool aid slowly
+!
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 6:04:14 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

ok guys i can settle this once and for all!

the best ar15 produced is the .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................DAMN ONE YOU SPENT YOUR TIME AND MONEY ASSEMBLING!..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................now i feel better.............................................................................................................................................................thank you.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 6:25:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 6:51:23 AM EDT
[#34]
You shouldn't believe anything you read unless God himself comes down and writes it on the wall in fire right in front of you.  Everything else is an opinion, in some cases an educated opinion but and opinion none the less.  Everyone is biased towards something.  We all know what they say about opinions...

Why waste energy being offended?  Do you own stock in the Colt company or something?
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 7:05:23 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AND generally don't have to get Pelosi's permission to take a piss. BTW marino the first thing people do when they get spanked on the net is to note spelling errors. Nice try but I spell it COOL AID for you colt folks cause you's thinks your sooo COOOOL.

I do agree with some of the posters on the mainstream of the AR platform, I'm beginning to see more and more AR's in the Fudds magazines which is a really good thing. I too have a dual personality gun safe, one side is full of "Fudd" rifles and shotguns (I like to refer to them as long range sniper rifles for the lib's) and the other side is dedicated to my BRD and it is getting rather crowded I must need a bigger safe!
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 7:07:12 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

At least he can own a real AR without fixed magazines...

And even if you could afford a Colt, you cant buy one, kind of ironic.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 7:07:32 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

What part of "lowest bidder" did you miss in .gov contracts?
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 7:20:09 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Are you fucking high, I really hope there was supposed to be some sarcasm there because that is far from the truth. The government buys the cheapest product that meets the specification put out in the testing process.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 7:30:09 AM EDT
[#39]
If Colt doesn't sell AR's to the public then how do so many people have them?

Could it be because the Colt AR's sold to the public do not meet Military specs.  So in reality the Colt AR's that the public has aren't even good enough to be Colt..... they are Colt rejects.....

Things that make you go hmmmmmm......

Link Posted: 4/8/2007 7:47:23 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
If Colt doesn't sell AR's to the public then how do so many people have them?

Could it be because the Colt AR's sold to the public do not meet Military specs.  So in reality the Colt AR's that the public has aren't even good enough to be Colt..... they are Colt rejects.....

Things that make you go hmmmmmm......

What your seeing is LEO rifles that have been sold to dealers then sold to customers, if you stroll up to a colt rep and ask for an AR 15 this is what you'll get.

Colts rejects.... yeah right . Could be more aptly said that colt is run by a bunch of rejects.

Link Posted: 4/8/2007 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you ever been in the .mil? Your post leads me to believe that's a a negative.

Link Posted: 4/8/2007 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Colt lost the rifle contract to FN some time ago. Colt does have the M4 contract. There is nothing inherently wrong with Colt's guns but there is nothing that sets them apart from other companies that make a quality gun, except theirS attitude about selling to civilians.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 8:02:13 AM EDT
[#43]
You know, the only Colt o'philes I see anymore are the ones that aren't smart enough to pick and choose the best parts from different companies and build their own weapons.  Guess what, My M4 is better than your colt, and not only cost less, I was able to put an eotech on it, and still have it for less than you can buy a new colt for.  Keep buying your colts, we'll keep laughing at you.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#44]
You know, this could get ugly.

The best AR in the world is mine, cuz I own it.  Ooops, gotta go. My popcorn's ready.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 8:18:37 AM EDT
[#45]
I've yet to see an honest article about a firearm in the gun magazines that I have read.   I remember an article a while back that mentioned a Rock Island Armory 1911 giving a Wilson Combat 1911 a run for its money.

I quit believing the knuckleheads after that one.
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
There is nothing inherently wrong with Colt's guns but there is nothing that sets them apart from other companies that make a quality gun, except theirS attitude about selling to civilians.

Big +1

Link Posted: 4/8/2007 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#47]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Hell, so he can't spell......he CAN have both a pistol grip and a 30 round mag though...hinegun,

This was my favorite so far....
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I believe the government spares no expense in equiping our military-supplying them with the best and most throughly tested rifles available-how can ou argue w/that?

I believe your cool aid was spiked, you need to type less and read more.

Read more?

Like this intellectual beauty?

Maybe the guys at G&A don't like .gov ass kissers like Colt

To the threads topic-

I agree. How can you not even mention Colt? Hell, even if it was an open critisism of their rifles, you cannot do an issue on the AR15 and not mention the company that started it.

A few facts they could have included
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#49]
I take it this is the newest edition? Anyone have a link to the magazine for ordering?
Link Posted: 4/8/2007 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#50]
I got my Colt M4 yesterday, just because I wanted one that wasn't an 'M-forgery' like my Bushys. It seems no better or worse than the others I have, just says 'M4 Carbine' in the roll mark instead of 'XM-15E2S'. So, I guess I took a sip of the Kool Aide too, and don't feel sick at all.
As far as the writing in G&A goes- good magazine, but I form my own opinions on what is what when it comes to the 'good-better-best' ratings. I'll keep reading it, just to see what's new in the world....and I like their show too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top