Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2007 3:38:20 PM EDT
I was looking at get a Chip McCormick  has anyone tried on and is it that easy to install

Michael
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#1]
It's honestly about as easy to install as a regular trigger group, which is also super easy.  If you can remove it, you can reinstall it.  And personally, I found it to be overpriced for what you were getting.  If you're already shelling out that much, go in for a little more and get the timney.  (Or save $50-80 and get the RRA 2-stage, which I found to be more comfortable and accurate)

Ymmv.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was looking at get a Chip McCormick  has anyone tried on and is it that easy to install

Michael

I have the POF/Timney in my AR-10 and love it. Drop it in tighten two set screws and shoot.

THe CMC has had some issues with consistent spring QC, so are good some die a quick death.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:10:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:22:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I tryed a ChipMc and it failed on me, so i shit canned it. And bought a new Timney drop-in which is 10 times nicer than the Chip i was using.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for info, I think thats what I am going with
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for info, I think thats what I am going with

tell me your refering to the Timney?
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:41:31 AM EDT
[#7]
yes
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top