Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 9:36:29 PM EDT
Can you run a single point sling off the back the if CTR ? Or is it just made for the two point ?
Thanks Guys!.
http://bigdawgtactical.net/magpulctr/3.jpg
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I suppose you could but I'd run it using a sling plate that replaces the existing receiver back plate.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:04:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Whats the best one to go with ?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

personall I would go with the IDF sling. I've tried them all and the IDF is, by far, the sling setup..
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:11:31 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want to go single point, I recommend the Gear Sector setup. Jason has a website
and listings in the EE.
I can also recommend the IDF style 2 point sling. I run those on 3 of my carbines and on 2 others I use the Gear Sector single points.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:24:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I tried a single point, and 2 point, and I went with a 3 point.  I hike and plink, i don't do CQB, so it was more practical.  Try it, but unless your doing CQB, I think you'll go to a 3 point.  It hangs "tactically" when you want to transition to a pistol, but is comfortable for hiking/camping  and plinking.  Good luck
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:22:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Give the RMTactical Delta Sling a try. Best all around performer I've tried yet.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=415913
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:48:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:14:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

What are you planning on using it for?  I personally like the 2 and 3-point slings.  I don't like the 1-point slings.  For the 3-Point I'd check out the Specter Gear Universal CST 3 Point Tactical Sling.  For the 2-point, I use the Vikings V-Tac, but the Vickers 2-point looks just as good.  RockyMoutainSlings also makes a nice 1/2 point sling.  The way you want to mount the 1-point sling, it is in a bad spot since it makes hang too low.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top