Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 6:04:24 PM EDT
I apologize for the link instead of just the pic, but I couldn't figure out how to get the image only.  The pic is from a  thread on Sigforum.  He lists the parts he plans to use and shows the pic of what it might look like (scroll down to the bottom of the 1st page).  My question is....what parts could I use that are good quality while keeping it around $1000 (give or take 100 bucks).  I really like the overall looks of the rifle in the pic.  I was looking at Rock River, but I am thinking of building an AR like the pic.  This would be my first AR.  Can I build a quality rifle that looks like that in my pricerange?  Also, how difficult might this be for a beginner?  Thanks in advance!

I hope this link works, again the photo is towards the end of the 1st page.
sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/155101558

http://www.rainierarms.com/img/shop/product/af25c325275aca2e4c38ee76dbb316ad.jpg

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a POF lower. Gonna run you a little over $300 for the complete lower minus the stock. That's the new magpul. Not sure about the rail. I didn't know the HK style sights were out yet! I'd like to know more myself!!!

Edit to add: Probably be a lot cheaper if you avoid going for a gas piston upper.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#2]
An AR like the one in the pic may cost as much as $1700.00 or more.

Others need to weigh in on this one.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
sun devil billet lower 140
rra lower parts kit 65
stag 6pos stock 70

thats 275 for the lower if you put it together yourself. forget POF. get a sun devil. if you want billet. or my current favorite ASA for 115 bucks.

the upper:

go to PKfirearms, start with a bushy upper, add a troy rail and an M16 carrier, i think that'll cost you about 735 bucks. that comes out to 1,010 dollars. ok go have fun. you'll need a rear sight so its not exactly a grand but you can get a YHM rear sight for like 65. or get a YHM rail instead of a troy and get a troy rear sight. whatever.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Low pro gas block and a rail. Barrel's probably been cut down and threaded, can you have SBR's???

ETA: I see your from new york, good luck with that project...
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#6]
what sights are those>?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top